PDA

View Full Version : Could it be my eyes?

marcc64
01-08-09, 19:06
Well earlier i tried on my mates glassed who is short sighted, (i am also very very short sighted i think) anyway when i put them on i could see stuff in a distance very clear, unlike normally when everything in a distance is blurry (especially writing) also i have some floaters i hear people talking about on here, (i have had them for ages) so my question is could it be my short sighted eyes that are causing these floaters?? and the pressure just above my eyes??

marcc64
01-08-09, 19:17
Also i should add when i was young (very young about 10, i am now 18) i used to get these terrible pain on one eye (just above) think it might have been a migraine, cos i used to always be sick after and then the pain would go, i used to get them maybe once every two months, anyway i aint had that in ages so i guess i grew out of it lol

pd
01-08-09, 23:44
Maybe you're wearing the wrong strength glasses, if you are at all. Floaters are there all the time apparently, they're normal, but your brain kind of ignores them unless something, like discomfort in your eye, makes you more aware than normal. If you're straining your eyes by not wearing glasses when you should, that could make them uncomfortable. When I first noticed I had floaters I had a big old panic about it, then I went to the optician who gave me some glasses. Nothing to worry about. :)

Maybe go and get an eye test?

marcc64
02-08-09, 00:31
No i don't wear glasses, it's just when i tried on my mates glasses my eye sight really improved, i have always been short sighted but never thought anything of it, until i started having HA worries :( always had floaters too, sometimes i notice them other times i don't.

pd
02-08-09, 11:14
Make an opticians appointment, they'll be able to reassure you that there's nothing serious going on. They will probably also tell you to wear glasses!