PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know

rebeccad
01-08-09, 20:47
Why does anxiety cause lightheaded feelings and dizziness? i have been struggling to understand this, is it possible to feel sort of lightheaded all day? and also can it affect your hormones as i have had a slight spotting in between periods (sorry a little to graphic).

Has anybody ever got hold of their doctors notes as i was just wondering if they label your notes that you are a hypocondriach?
any answers would be greatly appreciated XXXX

nomorepanic
01-08-09, 20:49
Hi rebecca

There is an explanation on the symptoms website page on the left - that may help.

pd
01-08-09, 23:39
I've seen my doctors notes, we scrolled through 2 years of them together when we were looking for the name of the antibiotic that made me throw up, I never once saw the word hypochondriac :) or anything that implied that.

Even if they know you have health anxiety problems, they can't just dismiss what you say without examining you first.

shep
02-08-09, 23:24
Hi there. I try not to visit my GP regularly but I do know that my notes say I suffer with health anxiety, that does not mean I am labelled as a hypochondriac! My mind tells me that is what they think I am,
in reality they are medical professionals who are concerned about my health.

I do have a blip in my medical history that makes GP's think twice when prescribing, i.e I called a couple of weeks ago with some of the swine flu symptoms and the 'system flag' made the doc a little more cautious so as to provide tamiflu. That said they treat me as a human being irrespective of any anxiety issues I have. Have you been honest with the surgery about the way you feel, maybe this would help.

Good luck.... A x