PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Jens
28-09-05, 12:03
Hi there.. this looks like a good informative forum I hope I can give some useful advice and hopefully receive some too! now then a bit about me!
My name is Jen and I am 25, I have been suffering from delayed onset PTSD for 2 years, however my anxiety levels seem be actually getting worse, there are certain situations I desperately avoid now. Have been seeing various psychs in order to treat the ptsd and the reasons behind it, but i start to wonder if I am jinxed with it for life.. Its very tiriing.
I hold down a good job as a designer and this keeps me sane i think, good distraction and gives me good purpose.

Anyways nice to meet you all, I shall take a stroll around the rooms!
Jens :D

I used to have an open mind but my brain kept falling out...

Trev
28-09-05, 12:24
Hi Jens,

welcome aboad. This is a great resource in my opinion. Very helpful and informed people.

Cheers,
Trev

Gilly Bean
28-09-05, 12:29
Hi Jens

Welome. Very nice to meet you. Look forward to chatting.

Take Care.

Gilly. xxx

trac67
28-09-05, 13:04
Hi Jens,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of very good advice here, and make some great friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

JonParr
28-09-05, 13:14
Hey Jens

As the other guys have said, this is a great site/forum - has helped me a lot. Not banging head against the wall quite so much now :D

Hope you find it helpful...

Take it easy

Jon.

Meg
28-09-05, 13:40
Jens

As well as treating the original PTSD thing , its important for your doctors to keep an eye on your reactionary behaviour with solution focussed treatments like CBT to ensure you do not carry on gathering avoidances.

These need to be addressed in the here and now with exposure and smal steps.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
28-09-05, 14:17
Hi Jens

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

pinkscrumpy
28-09-05, 14:52
Hi Jen

A warm welcome to you

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Incii
28-09-05, 15:17
Hi Jen
welcome to the forum.
I'm sure you will get some great advice here, i know i have and it's helped me an awful lot, good luck and keep smiling.

Sharon xxxxx

seh1980
28-09-05, 15:19
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Elaine1
28-09-05, 15:45
Hi Jen

[8D]A big welcome to the site.

Hope you find lots of help and support here.

Wishing you well.

Elaine:D:D:D

dream
28-09-05, 16:52
hi jen
welcome to the site im sure will get lots of help
take care denise xx

denise

Karen
28-09-05, 16:56
Hi Jen

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a look at PTSD Falklands (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5453) which has some good links for information about treating PTSD.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kairen
28-09-05, 17:56
Hi Jens,

welcome to the site,

you will get lots of help and support here, dont be affraid to ask,

take care

kairen x

sueiamnew
28-09-05, 18:34
Welcome to the site Jens.

tracyp584
28-09-05, 18:36
Hey Jen,

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

tammyg
28-09-05, 19:04
Hi Jen,
welcome to the site. Having a good distraction is great, your job sounds like it does that for you. Many situations will cause more anxiety, hopefully when you have had a good look around you will get some good ideas on how to handle this.

Tam x

Sue K with 5
28-09-05, 19:19
Hi Jens

Welcome to NMP ! visit the chat room if you get a chance there are some lovely people who have very similar problems and can be of great support and guidance for you

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Tan The Man
28-09-05, 20:20
Hi Jens

welcome to the site.

So your a designer eh? What kind of design work do you do?

I do some freelance designing myself...I design book covers and poster using Photoshop and CorelDraw. And yes it is a good distraction :D

Take Care

Tan

chucklehound
29-09-05, 10:06
Hi Jens,
Welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and meet new friends.
Chucklehound
xxxxxx

Jens
29-09-05, 10:54
Thanks for such a warm welcome folks!

Oh and Tan - I design adverts for a magazine - i use Photoshop mostly and Quark for the layouts. Just trying to get to grips with Illustrator too.
But Photoshop is a wonderful package!

:D

I used to have an open mind but my brain kept falling out...

sal
29-09-05, 22:39
Hi Jen

Welcome to the site, i am sure we can help you and your help will be appreciated greatly.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".