PDA

View Full Version : Is anxiety a trait in individuals ?

Sanjay
28-09-05, 14:00
I think so when I am now 40 , when I was in my twenties I had this fear that I had caught AIDS and I kept on going from doctor to doctor , one doctor even did the test and it was negative yet I did not believe untill one day my wife did the test and she was negative . This 20 years back ! I had a fear that I got it due to the barber using a unclean blade .

i wasted so many years ! I actually lost 10 kgs of weight !

Now for past 1 year it is about Sudden death from Heart attack as I saw my brother in law pass away at 39 .

Surprisingly the symptoms you think of show up ... Mind is powerfull and can create a false sense of reality chest pains , left hand pain , breathless ... almost everything ....

taf
28-09-05, 14:23
So true! What we think, we feel. What we subconsciously think, we feel. Now...it is getting my conscious to disregard old, outdated, not rational, uneeded patterns/thoughts that is the challenge in dealing with deprogramming anxiety attack patterns. It is working, however! Continuing with meditation, breathing consciously, Buhdist thought patterns of thinking in the now/present, Tibetian bowl healing music, etc. As a biofeedback test, I meditated consciously ... aiming to slow my overactive mind down....My blood pressure has actually been up since this swallowing issue came up, which truly now convinces me it is nothing but anxiety. I kid you not....my pressure was measured at school when I stopped into nurse @ 90 on low end...high for me. After two days of very mindful and conscious meditation practices, I remeasured it two times....70 on low end with conscious thought....I repeated gently...70 on low end, and to my amazement it worked. Yes, it is a trait with me...I have to consciuosly work on ways to overide my active mind, and slow myself down energy wise. See "beliefnet" for some wonderful ideas on meditation.
Best, Taf

Meg
28-09-05, 18:37
There are those who were totally fine until the day they weren't and who were stopped in their tracks with sudden onset Panic.

and

There are those who have had worry/ cautious/ phobic issues for many years but these then creep up and get worse over time until it grows to be out of hand.

IMHO

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?