PDA

View Full Version : disorientated after holiday

LisaS
28-09-05, 14:22
hi everyone,
sorry i haven't been posting much but I guess its a good sign! I've been doing so well now been at my job for 3 months now and they want me to stay on and just been basically living my life..
however, have just been on a trip to cornwall for 4 days with my hubby. We got the train there including the underground which i hate at the best of times.. we got buses into the local village went out for dinner every night and generally had a great time.. i did have one occasion when we met up with my mum and went out for dinner and felt a panic coming on.. although not nice i was quite pleased as it showed i could have one whilst taking meds, so my previous 5 months without a panic is also me and not just the meds!
got home late last night and feel really exhausted today, have taken the day off and feel very disorientated and weird.. I'm guessing this is down to having raised anxiety over the past few days..?? its really unnerving me though.. blip maybe??
thanks for reading..
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Piglet
28-09-05, 14:54
Hi Lisa,

Its nice to hear from you and that you've been doing calmly well.

Infact you are doing really b****y well, going off on hols and working etc etc. You are absolutely entitled to some wobbly days here and there and I think if you look about there are a few of us having a little wobble at the mo, so you are in very good company.

Don't take too much notice it will pass soon enough.

Big hug.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

LisaS
28-09-05, 15:18
thank you so much piglet!!

its nice to know we can wobble together, like a big group of friendly weebles..

Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

seh1980
28-09-05, 15:21
[Wow!] Lisa I think you've done brilliantly!!!!! You have been busy and it's not suprising that you feel a little doisorientated after an adventure-packed holiday. Sounds like you had a great time so well done for coping so well!! Once you start your normal routine again, all will fall back into place..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

clickaway
28-09-05, 15:52
Hi Lisa,

I think its only to be expected that you may feel like this after a little adventure. You were way outside your comfort zone down in Cornwall and maybe deep inside you were a little worried about how you'd cope?

I'm off tomorrow and feel quite nervous.

You'll be back to normal in no time at all

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
28-09-05, 17:07
Hi Lisa

Good to hear from you. You are doing so very well and your recent trip just shows how far you have come and even if you feel panicky, you can control this.

Good news about the job too.

I don't even think this is a blip really, just probably tiredness and recovering from your recent adventures.

Have a restful day and I'm sure you'll soon be feeling yourself again.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
28-09-05, 18:43
Ground yourself by doing normal everyday errands and chores and you'll soon click back in to the routine and normality.

You've done soooooo well.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Sue K with 5
28-09-05, 18:51
Hi Lisa

Oh well done !!!!!!!! thats brilliant !! see you did it, I know the blip is crap, but the good thing is you achieved your ultimate goal to cope with the panic whilst you were out and that is fantastic!

Keep going girl ! you can beat this I too had a blip a few weeks ago and it lasted for about two days but it does slow down and start to feel better and then your left with that feeling of ahcievement which is wonderful

Sue with 5

scknight

LisaS
28-09-05, 19:01
thank you so much for your positive comments.. i think Ray was right, i was worried about how i'd cope deep down, but on the outside everyone sees you doing so well, they dont know what thoughts are going thru your mind!
I have just been to tesco's for a big shop - and you're right i am beginning to feel 'normal' again.. i'm sure once i've done a days work i'll be back on the road again..
do i have to go thru this every time i go away now or will it get easier?
I also have the thought of emigrating to australia looming which i am having serious 2nd thoughts over.. but that is a whole other story!! our application is complete and we have a 1-3 month wait to hear their decision.
sorry for blabbing on - thanks again everyone, you really perk me up..
love lisa
xxx

pips
30-09-05, 11:37
Hi Hun,

Well done you did great mate. I'm glad you had a nice time.

It can feel like that after you have done so much then you come home and try to unwind. it's a bit like a release thing you were so busy on holiday that perhaps you didn't have much time to think about it. Now you are home again and are starting to unwind you think i can't believe I did all that!
but you did and you did great!

Your body will soon calm down and get back into the swing of things.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

LisaS
01-10-05, 12:33
hi everyone,

well you were right as usual, once i was back at work, it fell into place again.. and I also have the biggest stinky cold ever - which explains a lot!!

thanks everyone,
Lisa
xxx

seh1980
01-10-05, 20:43
Glad you've got your routine back Lisa :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Karen
01-10-05, 23:19
Hi Lisa

Glad everything is back to normal again.

Hope you get over your cold and feel better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.