PDA

View Full Version : A missed beat too far

Jaco45er
02-08-09, 08:47
I know about palps and missed beats, jeeeze I have googled it enough I could be a heart surgeon ;), and I get the odd missed beat now and again, and to be fair, I can control the fear (not like the old days) and accept it is fine.

But yesterday I got one that really did knock me off my feet. I popped up the gym yesterday afternoon (sanctuary, the Jaco household was like a bad day in Beirut, with kids fighting, music on, the mother in law on her way up, sod that I'm off). Anyway, after 40 mins on the crosstrainer and rower, I popped up to do some weights, and while on the leg press I got an almight thud in my chest, and that funny "butterfly" feeling. I have had this before but this time I actually felt dizzy like I was going to keel over.

I sat with some water for 20 minutes (watching Rangers on SKy winning, that didn't help) and went back and finished off some weights long enough so that I wouldn't meet the witch in law.

I had had a fair amount to drink the night before (not plastered, but a few) but was wondering has anyone had missed beats that really did feel you were going to pass out?

I was just going to ignore it unless it happens again ;)

Thumbelina
02-08-09, 09:49
Hi Jacko,

missed heart beats, breathlessness is something that scares evertyhign out of me. This is something i dont have control over and this is something that scares me allot.

It takes me very long to recover from these blips.

Sorry about your experience, but you are not alone...

honeybee3939
02-08-09, 10:52
Hi Jaco

It sounds to me like you could have been dehidrated one of the main causes of missed beats and palps.:ohmy: Maybe you had done too much mate.

I read a thread about this a couple of year ago and i remember it well - let me see if i can find it.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2828

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx