PDA

View Full Version : Head Zaps - another query

rjb2214
02-08-09, 09:25
Last night was rubbish. I usually get over my anxiety pretty well but yesterday was awful. Woke up at about 4.30am as just as i was about to dose off I felt very strange in that the room felt like it was moving. I could feel a panic attack coming so I did my usual relaxation/breathing exercises but it didn't seem to work. I ended up feeling really nausious and when I went to the bathroom I saw my reflection in the mirror and yeah i looked pretty scared. Anyways, after about 20 mins i'd had about 3 or 4 more small head zaps and haven't really been to sleep as it feels strange when i'm about to doze off, and now my head feels incredibly heavy.

All i would like to ask is, is it common to have headache/head zap in the same place every time. They only come on when i'm stressed or panicky so I know what they are, but I just can't get over how i've had quite a few in a short space of time, and now my head feels incredibly heavy and strange when I try to dose off. Even I now think it's something more when for the last few weeks i thought I was getting over it all!

sharona
02-08-09, 09:46
Hi

I get head zaps all the time,I get them in the same place all the time.
They are scary but I am trying to get used to them, do you take any meds?
They are part of anxiety.

Sharona

rjb2214
02-08-09, 09:52
I take sertraline hydrochloride, im only 4 weeks in, and these head zaps started about 2 weeks ago, I'm wondering could it be the medication? However Sertraline has pretty much got rid of the majority of my anxiety pains as such, all I have left is insomnia (not being able to stay asleep part) and these head zaps

I've had a very low headache pretty much since the insomnia started so I know its tiredness related. The ironic thing is, is that in 2 weeks of being on Sertraline, my anxiety started to clear up, but it seems that instead of getting constant tingling/numbing/burning sensations in my legs feet, arms, hands and chest, its now shifted to my head with these ruddy things!