PDA

View Full Version : Just started taking,breathless tingling & pain??

s6r6hst6r
02-08-09, 12:11
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone else has had a tingling sensation in their hands and pain in the arm joints and muscles after taking propranol? I`m on my third day of it, the first day I took 40mg as prescribed and I felt so breathless that I rang the doctor. Yesterday I halved the tablet and it was a lot better but I had a panic attack after my second half as I was convinced I was allergic to it due to pain/tingling and I thought my throat was swelling up, it feels a bit like that every time I take one. Was so relived when I finally went to the doctors on Friday and he gave me something to help that I feel dissappointed that I`m still not that much better, being on these pills seems to cause me more anxiety about there effects than anything else. Sorry to go on a bit but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
xxx

kt79
02-08-09, 12:43
Yes I got tingling in my hands and breathlessness when I started taking these tablets. I still get this sometimes now but very rarely. Just stick with them and keep the doctor informed. If your asmatic you should not take these

s6r6hst6r
02-08-09, 17:02
:) Thanks for the reply :)

I`v taken a whole one and don`t feel breathless and the tingling has eased somewhat, feel strange though and these pills may stop the panic sensation but my minds still a pain in the neck lol!

pebblez
26-08-09, 02:25
i know how you feel, i get the same ive used these for the second time, now on a lower dose, im going to give myself at least 2 to 3 weeks before i decide if the are right for me

DavidJ85
30-08-09, 12:41
I'm on a strong dose of these and still get my symptoms unfortunately but I still take them as my heart is a little better and I get less palpitations now which is a big bonus.

Laloula
06-09-09, 16:30
Yup, got tingles that were sort of like pins and needles shooting through my arms & in my hands. I think you'll get used to them, or they eventually go away. Its hard to tell what with all the anxiety symptoms at the same time, before propranolol kicks in. But I think it's normal.

Desprate Dan
03-11-09, 18:28
I too have been getting a tingling "Pins and Needles" sensation in my hands and feet since starting this medication, i am on 80mg slow release a day.. It makes me feel calm and relaxed, so i can put up with the tingling sensation if it is only a side effect i hope its nothing more serious..

Dan

Meewah
05-11-09, 22:22
Few I'm glad I found this thread.

I have started taking 10mg 3 times a day and I am getting tingling in the skin of my left hand and a sort of very mild aching in my left arm with some muscle twinges. Because I am concentrating on it I am sure it is getting worse. Then again I only notice it when I am not doing anything i.e. Watching TV etc...

Hope this is normal!!!!

Mee

mad4it
24-11-09, 12:12
Hi Have taken propanolol everyday for the last 2 yrs. At first felt breathless but i think that was down to the fact I read the huge list of side effects and instantly starting panicking about it. I get tingling but then again i get that as a symptom of a panic attack so all in all the benefits outway what may be side effects. I couldnt go out if i didnt have them. They are my best friend. Maybe i will try a human being next. lol.

Vakas-
17-04-13, 14:21
It's my first day on these and my hands are tingling seems wried like my hands are asleep u gut given these fur headache and stress I'm not too sure now

Louloupop
22-04-13, 17:00
I got prescribed these 1 year ago only took them for a week because was feeling shortness of breath , not right etc but when I think back it was probably just me making myself like this after reading the side effects I was prescribed 40mg is this a high amount to start with? My anxiety/panic attacks have just recently came back quite bad especially when I'm driving which I have never hard before so I want to try these again, the thought of being able to leave the house, drive, go round shops without these crippling attacks sounds amazing so I'm going to give praporonal another go but should I continue using the rest I have from a year ago or explain to my doctor and get prescribed more??