PDA

View Full Version : another question about twitching :(

tashbarnes87
02-08-09, 15:16
:weep: i have probably cried for a lot of the day its been awful i woke up this morning and my left thigh has been twitching non stop all day. The muscle actually hurts now its twitching that much. Its only doing it when i sit down, but its the instant i sit down it doesnt do it when walking or standing and i am properly freaking out i cant stop crying because it wont stop. i havent had twitches any where else today but this one muscle has gone nuts. Please help me calm down as i am convinced this is the start of something bad as it wont stop

tashbarnes87
02-08-09, 15:24
o god, i just read that its a sure sign for ALS. Im so upset now o god!!

rebeccad
02-08-09, 15:32
tashbarnes i also twitch and have done for a while now, honestly honestly honestly if there is no weakness there it cannot be als. I think it would be helpful for you to go to docs so that he can put your mind at rest,
take care xx

nomorepanic
02-08-09, 15:35
Did you look up restless leg syndrome as well - I get this twitching and a nurse at the hospital told me it was that.

Mine comes and goes but I get it mainly when laying in bed.

honeybee3939
02-08-09, 15:43
Hi there

The twitching could be caused by stress, or tired muscles which cause muscle spasms. Try doing some stetching exercises hun to see if this helps to stop the twitching.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

tashbarnes87
02-08-09, 16:10
is it a good thing that it stops when im walking around so i only get it whilst resting or sitting? i dont have a doctors at the mo now as i am in the middle of moving house. I did look at restless leg but it seems to be a thing that gets worse through out the day mine has been awfull all day. How would i know if thre was any weakness? i have noticed that my arms constantly ache if i lift them but i dont know if this is because i carry around my 22lb 6 month year old all day?

xx

rebeccad
02-08-09, 16:18
if you had weakness you would literally be dropping things and tripping over you wouldnt be able to walk up steps and you would be choking whilst eating, i honestly dont think it is als.

honeybee3939
02-08-09, 16:26
22lb 6 month year old all day?

Gosh it does sound like muscle tiredness ! thats like carrying 10 bags of sugar around all day! My muscles would be tired if that was the case.

Anyway, got get it checked out with your gp and put your mind at ease:huh: .

Im sure it will be nothing serious.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

tashbarnes87
02-08-09, 19:32
thank you for your replys. My muscle feels so so stiff now like its had a massive work out because of the twitching it actually hurts :( god im sick of being this scared x

mandie
02-08-09, 22:00
Hi

I get this in my thigh also. im sure iv even posted about it lol

please try not to be scared, im sure its nothing

mandie x

nomorepanic
02-08-09, 22:04
If you are carrying a baby round all day I bet you are not standing upright and this could cause the aches.

Try not carrying the baby and see how it goes.