PDA

View Full Version : Aracnephobia - spiders, ahhhhhhhhhh

Rennie1989
11-01-04, 17:08
Peeps

Im sure im not the only one but i have this really bad fear of spiders[:0]. i cant look at books with spiders on it, nor spiders in films or in boxs or out doors.

I cant sleep if a spider is in my room.

Who has a worser prob then me, just wanna know

Jade[:p]

Buby
11-01-04, 17:19
hi jade,

im scared of spiders, but i dont mind looking at them in books they just make me shiver. wasps scare me, they look so evil, dont you think? if a spiders on me then i'll scream, same with wasps, bees, butterflies anything that flies really, or crawls. apart from aeroplanes of course. my sister wont sleep in her room if she knows there's a spider in there cause she heard once that if you sleep with spiders in your room, you eat them, which is totally untrue, so please dontt worry even more.

is there a pic of you on the site? i dont think im allowed one on here cause y dads very protective.

keep posting, hugs Rachel xxx

kate
11-01-04, 17:38
Jade,

I am truly, absolutely, TERRIFIED of spiders. We had loads of them in the house the year before last. I can't even get close enough to them to catch them in the bug catcher.

This last year, I only saw 1. But I was on my own at home and it held me hostage in the kitchen for a good 20 minutes. It then ran way, never to be seen again!

That night and for 2 nights afterwards, I had nightmares about spiders crawling over me.

I know it a really, really irrational fear, the spider can't hurt you after all. But I absolutely HATE them!

I also have to check my bed every night for spiders!

Brownie
12-01-04, 01:42
I am also completely terrified of spiders. I cant watch them on tv, see a picture of them or anything, they just completely freak me out! If i see one in my home or any where, i wont go in that specific room or place for days even if i know someone killed it or it's not there anymore!
-Christie[:I]

Buby
12-01-04, 01:49
My brother works in Tesco warehouse, where he stakes the food that comes in in cargo and stuff, and a few months ago he came home and about 2 hours later, this brown/green/yellow spider with FANGS ran across the floor. it must of came off my brother cause its not a house spider, and it was absolutely massive. ( sorry if this paints a not so nice picture ). He didnt even cringe when he knew it came off on him. It was so hairy and you could even see the colour of his eyes a mile away ( not really but you know what i mean ).

hugs Rachel xx

emo
12-01-04, 23:01
hi jade,
my gran is exactly the same about snakes,she cant look at pictures of them or watch them on the tv.
im positive that if she ever came face to face with a real snake she would have a heart attack.
we had great fun when we were kids chasing her with toy snakes etc
but nowadays i see her fear for what it is,a genuine phobia of snakes.
hope this helps you with the 8 legged devils!!
love em xx

Rennie1989
13-01-04, 18:12
emo

i once was ok with spiders, i went to the london zoo and saw hairy spiders in cages and i was ok. now im terrorfide of 'em. yep, they are devils, in baths

Jade

broadwaybaby6149
18-01-04, 17:25
:)one of my best friends, marissa, is completely and absolutely TERRIFIED of spiders and i had seen a TV show where they cured people with irrational fears (ie: phobias...) and decided to use it on her- LOL! and after an hr, she can now look @ any picture of a spider, close up, tiny, etc... without even cringing. she just shrugs. next time she comes over, its on to the harry potter and the chamber of secrets movie w/ the spider scene, and jumanji. slowly but surely its working... if u want help u can just email/IM me (i put my AIM screen name on my profile here). im not afraid of spiders AT ALL so obviously i wont be able to personally empathize but i know sort of what it feels like -- im scared of heights! [:I]

~*~*~Danielle~*~*~

Rennie1989
18-01-04, 17:30
Danielle

Thanx for the offer.

My phobia of spiders dont bother me but ill give ya an email when im free.

See ya

Jade

.xo.Nikki
16-02-07, 22:40
{b}[font=Times New Roman][pink]
Hey everyone,
I am reallliiieeee TERRIFIED[:I] of spiders. It wasn't that bad untill a couple minutes ago. If i'm cleaning or im just sitting there innocent... and one starts crawling...i will SCREAM!!

If you know anyhting that would help, please reply:D

Luvsss .xo.Nikki

Brandy snap
17-02-07, 03:08
We used to live in a country village and lots of spiders (big ones) came in the house. One day my husband had gone to work and I had just got dressed and felt this crawling on my arm - I knew it was a spider and I knew I couldn't bear to see it - so I held onto my sleeve at the wrist to keep it inside and rang a neighbour (woman!) who stood there while I took my blouse off and she got it for me.

Another time we were on holiday in Ireland and every day there was a huge one in the bath in the morning. One morning it wasn't there and I breathed a huge sigh of relief. After I had had my bath and got dressed I saw something out of the corner of my eye - it was the leg of that spider and it was on my head. It must have been in the hood of my fleece I had just put on. Worst moment of my life. Husband was just about to go and get some milk - thank goodness I caught him before he left and he got it for me.

Whenever there is one in the bath at home I feel as if it is going to suddenly leap out at me even though I am on the other side of the room. I don't think big spiders spin webs(?) but I always worry that if I reach across the bath I might catch its web and it will rush up it and up my arm.

Funnily enough I don't think I'd get this feeling with a tarantula - it is the quick scuttly ones I hate. I think tarantulas are slow?

Any spider techniques gratefully received - I was standing on a chair for one and a half hours once when my husband was out and huge one on floor. Even saying the word 'spider' makes me shiver.

Brandy Snap xx