PDA

View Full Version : Any advice please!

Josie
02-08-09, 21:59
Hi,

I've suffered with anxiety for quite a long time, in particular I have experienced derealisation/depersonalisation and about a year and a half ago I started to take citalopram to help cope with the symptoms. I began to feel much better about six months ago and so came off the medication about a month and a half ago and I was doing really well. However, just a week ago I was diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency. My vitamin B12 has been decreasing for about 6 months making me pass out. When I was diagnosed last week the doctor said that I would have to have B12 injections for the rest of my life and also said he would like to have a camera inserted into my stomach as this defficiancy is so rare in people under 50 - I'm 26. Since this point my anxiety is starting to come back - the panic attacks, the derealisation, the constant emotional rollercoaster and knotts in my stomach. I said initially that I was scared having a camera down because I'm scared of the procedure, I've never been in hospital and I know I'm a wimp but it terrifies me. But when I went to see the nurse for my injection she encouraged me to go and have the referral made to have it done. I went back to see a different doctor and told her the situation and she asked me if I had any other symptoms. When I explained that I didn't, she said there would be no need for it to be done. But friends and family are saying "what if it's cancer" and its terrifying me. I'm now anxious about having cancer and about having/not having the stupid procedure. I'm sorry this is so long winded but I have nowhere else to turn. I feel like I have done so well and I am now returning to that dark and lonely road that I was walking a couple of years ago. Please help me if you can, I would really appreciate it.

Josie:unsure:

nomorepanic
02-08-09, 22:07
Wow Josie - why are your friends diagnosing cancer and scaring you to death like that?

The doc has given you a diagnosis of B12 deficiency so ignore the cancer scares please!

I am being checked for low B12 as well as my blood tests are showing something wrong in that area so I will let you know how I get on too.

Josie
02-08-09, 22:13
Thanks Nicola. I had about 20 different blood tests before the official diagnosis - so much so I hardly had any B12 left in my system. Good luck with your tests and please let me know how you get on. Thanks again

Josie

nomorepanic
02-08-09, 22:18
There is someone else on here that has low B12 - I am trying to think who it is so I can get them to post too.

I will try and find them for you lol.

tiredOfOcd
02-08-09, 23:05
Friends and family are almost as bad as google when it comes to discussing symptoms. Especially if they have no idea you have HA.

If the DO know you have HA and still make comments like you described, then they are just plain cruel.

As it is, your dr has said NOTHING about this being a symptom of any kind of cancer. I think you're better of listening to what the dr DID NOT say and take great comfort in that.

LisaLisa
03-08-09, 13:15
Hi there

Just wanted to say that there are two girls that I know who are 20 and 18 and they get b12 injections becuase they are deficent and they have no other health probs at all!!

It must be more common really !!

Lisa
xxxx

Josie
03-08-09, 20:03
Thanks to all of you for posting! it really means a lot. You're all a fantastic and supportive bunch x