PDA

View Full Version : twitches..

linesman
28-09-05, 20:38
For the past few weeks I have been having an annoying twitch in my eyelid, at first i ignored it but began to obsess about it. The twitch has now started in my right bicep, both calfs, around my knee, bum and even a few in my cheeks ( not bum cheeks ;) . I made the DREADED mistake of going to google and typing muscle twitches, bad move.. dont do it... The obsession has taken over to such an extent that i've been to the docs twice this week. Neither were concerned, which is good but i cant get this damn nagging doubt from my mind..... no convinced i'm dying, really trying to hold it together for the sake of my sanity and my other half. She has been through the mill with me over the years cos of anxiety/ocd/being a hypocondria..

anyway thats enough of my ills... i hope some of you understand, i'm sure you do..

in1peace
28-09-05, 20:46
Hi Linesman,
Yep! I've had the twitches too. They come and go. They got worse when I started an anti-anxiety medication, so I was freaked out that they were the result of the medication. They are usually in my face. Usually it's the right side of my sinus and either/both of my eyelids. It is so not fair how our minds trick us! That was one of the things that would set me off into a panic. And, yep, I Googled it too! LOL!
If your doctors aren't concerned, that's a very good thing. Hang in there. Try to make a joke out of it if you can!

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Copsgrl8
28-09-05, 21:14
I also get these twitches all over my body. The one that scared me the worse was the one I had right in my temple. Of course I was right at the Dr. and he told me it was nothing to worry about that you sometimes get them lack of sleep...STRESS and another part of anixiety.
I am happy to say since i went i haven't had them in over 2 weeks.

Terri

Meg
28-09-05, 21:24
Try exercise . Often twitching is a sure sign you are holding tension in your muscles

twitching (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3103)
Muscle Twitches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2219)
Acne and Twitching (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4963)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Cinders4
28-09-05, 21:41
I get various twitches too... mainly under my eyes, one or the other usually. Its worse if I am stressed about something in particular, but then I get them when I think Im doing okay, definately linked with your anxiety....annoying but harmless xxxx

pablo
28-09-05, 21:51
Hi,

I get twitches all the time. They have been all over, but mainly upper arms, eyes and legs. I once went for CBT and the therapist happened to mention that this was a common symptom of stress / anxiety as muscles get tense even without you noticing. Whats more interesting is she mentioned this as a possible symptom without me saying anything about it to her....

Paul

meatybuddy
28-09-05, 22:03
hi linesman

i also get twitches but mine are all over my body not just certain places, they could be in my arm 1min then in my legs the next unfortunately its another dreaded part of panic attacks or so my doctor says.

the best thing to do is not do a google search unless you really feel the need to cos some of the results that google give are sumtimes false

hope things get better

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

kt
28-09-05, 22:32
Hi Linesman,
i get twitches too, my left eye gets twitchy a lot especially when i'm tired! kt x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

tt
29-09-05, 02:59
I have been there and if you see previous posts you'll see mine. Mine lasted for about two weeks. I went to the Dr. who told me it is stress.
After I was convinced and only a few days later after the Dr. visit it went away. Today at work I was really stressed and my neck started and then in my head and sure enough right into the eye. My twitched so that I not only feel it but see it in the mirror.

T:)

TT:)

Christine2
29-09-05, 08:17
Hi Linesman

I had this for ages as well. It started as tingling which I got hysterical about and then I started twitching. Also everywhere - calf's, shoudlers, bum and my eye so badly it felt like it was closing. I also googled and of course got even more hysterical - thought I was dying etc. I went to the doc and had all sorts of blood tests etc to rule anything else out but apparently this is a common symptom and is just tense muscles. I really don't think you need to worry. I started to relax a bit and it went away., The last few days I have been super stressed again and guess what it's coming back! Def linked to being tense!

Take care and try not to worry... easier said than done I know :))

Oh and don't google - I went looking for reassurance but it always make you feel worse!

Elaine1
29-09-05, 10:15
Hi Linesman

I suffer from twitches or tingling as I call it, sometimes numbness - I have worked myself up over this, but now accept it as a symptom of anxiety and try my best to ignore it. For me it wasleft handside of the body, eyes and top lip!!!!

Interesting, my doctor was not too concerned either!

Elaine

linesman
29-09-05, 18:51
Hi, thanks for your kind replies.. most of my twitchyness have calmed down now, especially my bicep.. but now i have become obsessed with looking for difference in my muscles, i've just noticed myleft thigh is not a big as my right thigh. I know our bodies aren't symetrical but ot me and my *&%$£ anxiety its another symptom of this feared "disease" i have..

april tones
29-09-05, 21:33
hi, i done this, it made me ill but got one diagnosis right, haha, fibromylagia! not life threatning but hard to diagnose

apriltones

angie3077
06-10-05, 11:07
Hi Everyone,

I am not usually one to worry about twitching as I have suffered with on many occasions....but only in my eyes/arms/legs....
Now I have had this bad twitch in my stomach...lower left side for ages and I am getting sooooooo worried about it. Does anybody else ever get them in the stomach? They justb wont go away! Its like a tremble like something is inside my stomach and I can see it move!

Angie x

darkwave
11-10-05, 07:32
I've had twitches in my stomach and it is the weirdest thing. Watching you're stomach jolt in and out is pretty bizarre, especially when it's uncontrollable and can last hours. I wouldn't worry about it though. I've been getting twitches all over for a while now.

helene
25-10-05, 16:28
Hello everyone!

I've been having these tinglings and twitches and I def think they're stress/worry related. It's very hard to get rid of them as I find that it's sub concious stress is this makes sense. How long do they last for as I've had them on and off for a couple of weeks? They do get better when I'm distracted :) Just reading all your replies makes me feel a lot happier.

Thanks

desperate
25-10-05, 16:32
Just to let you know i get twitches too from time to time round the mouth mainly and sometimes bit in the head.

I think exercise and relacxation shoudl help.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

boy
25-10-05, 16:39
I get twiches in my eyelid sometimes. I've seen it happen all over my body too, it's quite strange. Never worried me but I bet if I put my mind to it I could!

leslie_ve
27-10-05, 20:21
hi ive had these all day in my chest make me feel like im having a heart attack.there iis no part of me where i dont get them.... had them for 2 years now and im still here