PDA

View Full Version : Switching my dose of Clonazepam

drronnie
03-08-09, 06:15
My doctor prescribed me 2mg everyday Clonazepam for taking before bedtime for my anxiety. Right now I am taking .5 mg every second day and did not take one during the weekend. Sunday night I took another .5 mg and I slept well. However my anxiety seems to be creeping back however I do not want to take one tonight but i am scared that I might have another sleepness then. What would you recommend me to do. Take the clonazepam as the doctor prescribed or try to survive until the next dose on Tuesday night? Thanks for your help in advance.

pete69
05-08-09, 20:56
why are you only taking the 0.5mg dose every other day? very low dose and it wont be enough to reduce your anxiety.do you think your docs dose of 2mg everyday is to much? i think it may make you tired hence why it has been suggested to take it at night, why dont you try 1mg a day and see how you go? i have been on clonos for over 4 years,has greatly helped reduce my social anxiety,my dose is 3mg at most maybe 2wice a week,and then 2mg other days-maybe 2 days aweek i wont have any(still in my system if i have 3mg and feel ok..ish)
dont be worried about dependancy,your dose is low and clonos can be taken for years if you dont have an addictive nature-sounds like you dont,and are very careful with em...hope this helps pm me if you want to ask anything
cheers

mapmaker
12-08-09, 00:46
I took .5mg clonazepam for 2 weeks and developed rebound anxiety from it during the middle of the second week. Apparently my body doesn't like it. but I tried taking .5 and 1 mg everyday for my chronic anxiety and nightly nocturanl panic attacks. It helped me sleep a great deal, but the rebound anxiety was just too much and it triggered a panic attack on a couple occassions.
I suggest only taking it as long as you need then get off it as soon as you can. You body will be happier when you do.

drronnie
17-08-09, 04:13
I took .5mg clonazepam for 2 weeks and developed rebound anxiety from it during the middle of the second week. Apparently my body doesn't like it. but I tried taking .5 and 1 mg everyday for my chronic anxiety and nightly nocturanl panic attacks. It helped me sleep a great deal, but the rebound anxiety was just too much and it triggered a panic attack on a couple occassions.
I suggest only taking it as long as you need then get off it as soon as you can. You body will be happier when you do.

I took 0.5 mg last night and had a really good nights sleep. However this morning I had an anxiety attack just out of the blue and sweating. Could this be "rebound anxiety". Thinking about switching to Diazepam