PDA

View Full Version : Eye Ache/Pain - Frightened

fairyloveheart
03-08-09, 10:12
Hello
I am really worried about my eye, but could not get an appt at the docs today :(

Basically, it started going odd last week, when I woke up, it was odd, almost glazed over, then that went away, but now since Fri, it really aches. The ache seems to come from behind the eye, or just underneath, I am really worried it is glaucoma or a problem with the optic nerve. Vision is ok. It almost feels like it is dragging when I open it.
SCARED

Please help :(

rjb2214
03-08-09, 15:58
Do you sit for long periods of time in front of a bright television or computer screen? Particularly at close range?

fairyloveheart
03-08-09, 16:20
Not really, and especially not over the weekend, when I have been out and about. It is no better, just hope I can get in at the docs tomorrow - very worried and not been able to think about much else today :(

rjb2214
03-08-09, 19:52
Do you have insomnia, or any kind of sleep disruption within the last few weeks?

Or when you read are you having to move your arm around to get a better view of the text or squint?

Is there any certain times when your eyes hurt, such as in bright light/sun light?

And if you answered yes to any of these, is it followed or include a headache in a specific place (rather than general)?

marcc64
03-08-09, 21:23
I have been having pressure like feeling just above my eyes and my eyes sometimes hurt. really annoying, especially since my new HA worry is a brain tumor :( seems mu HA goes from one thing to another.

Worrychick
19-08-12, 20:37
I too have had eye ache for some months now; my Dr thinks it is anxiety and it does come and go. It seems to alternate from eye to eye which is kind of reasurring. Like you I have panicked it is some underlying tumour but it does go at night and on holiday last week it seemed to disappear for most of the time. I went to the optician who looked at the back of my eyes and confirmed my eyes are healthly. Also, at the weekend after a few glasses of wine it disappears completely. I've had many muscle type pains like this rangeing from my ribs, my groin, under my armpit and eventually they all go but at the time it is really worrying and i can't get it out of my head. Visit the optician and perhaps you can get some reasurrance. :)

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

PS my current worry is nausea, I seem to feel sick alot of the time at the moment and have no idea why.