PDA

View Full Version : Over-breathing and can't stop!!!

Jo3016
03-08-09, 14:05
I can't stop taking deep breaths and yawning. I have had a cold over the last few weeks that developed in to a mild chest infection. I still have a cough although it is much better and I have some sinus pain but the worst symptoms of all are from over-breathing!!

I feel dizzy and everything seems bright and spacey all the time. My muscles seem tight and twitchy especially in my arms, back and neck! And I just can't stop thinking about my breathing. I feel really rubbish!! I always feel better first thing in the morning because I have been breathing normally during the night but then it starts all over again!! Help!!

mick_uk
03-08-09, 14:20
It's dificult jo when you get into that vicious circle of overbreathing, because the more you think about it the more you overbreathe. That's why it's better at night. You have to try and take your mind off your breathing somehow. I know it's not easy but it will fix it eventually.
Sinus infections do make you feel spacey, it effects the ears which causes the spacey feeling.
Add to that the chest infection you have it's no wonder you feel rubbish.
Try and take your mind off the breathing as much as you can, i know it's not easy but it will ease it if you can

hope you start to feel better soon

take care

mick