PDA

View Full Version : 3 moles i have noticed which terrify me

Nyla
03-08-09, 14:36
i have recently noticed 3 moles which i dont like the look of....thing is im not sure how long they have been there......the one on my neck im pretty sure has gotten darker...its not that big but its dark brown n when i stretch the skin i think the border looks irregular.the one on my legs bit bigger its pale brown but has like a point coming off it,the one on my other leg is fairly small about 3mm n has light n dark brown.
I have heard if you have more then one colour or irregular borders to go to the doctor so i plan to go tomorrow but im soooo scarred :-( im worried she will say they are all cancerous and so there is no hope for me.my dad dies a few years ago and as my parents only child i worry for my mum if i was to have cancer or not be here anymore....i also think what a waste im only 22 and i want to finish my degree n help people when i qualify....my mind turns over n over between feeling like 'oh well go in the sun you can keep your moles in check you will be fine for a few years anyway' and feeling guilty for goin in the sun or occassional sunbed and then feeling pangs of fear.i have decided i wont tan anymore whatever the outcome.....i dont let my self burn tho i have burnt a couple times in my life but i am careful n always apply cream but even so i find myself on here n madly searching pictures of moles which seems to just make me worse!

My grandma never put her face in the sun which is prob why being a woman in her 70's she has hardly any wrinkles....she once was in many years ago egypt and had no protection with her by the pyramids and burnt her nose a year or 2 ago she had a sore on her nose which didnt heal which turned out to be canerous she had it removed and has been fine since....mine dont bleed or itch but they dont look right well i dont think they do....her having it removed and it being cancerous n her bein fine is a comfort but im still so worried i think knowing my luck i wont be as lucky :-(

Nyla
03-08-09, 16:49
can nobody help :(

kittykat
03-08-09, 17:14
Hey Nyla ,

Firstly dont google as it really doesn't help best advice ever. Now i had a really large mole on my lower arm that started to itch, bleed and it was a bit irregular, got it removed but not before i got myself all worked up. Turned out to be absolutely fine. My doctor said that you can really tell when a moles not right they generally look really nasty so with the description that your giving they sound fine. Also the nurse at the mole clinic also said that as you age your moles change as well.
The best thing is for your doctor to have a look, and just remember that if something wasn't right which im sure in your case is fine , it is really treatable. So please try not too worry , see your doctor to put your mind at rest and please dont google .....take care xx

Nyla
03-08-09, 17:36
thank you so much iv not eaten iv been bothering about them and the more i look at them the worse they look to me so im just going to put it to the back of my mind until tomorrow when the doctor can see them...thank you for making me feel better :)

RosieXXX
03-08-09, 18:49
Hello Nyla,

I am sorry you are having such a distressing time. Since you are seeing the doctor tomorrow, my advice to you is to try very hard Not to look at your moles. Health anxiety plays all sorts of nasty tricks on the mind, and it becomes impossible to be objective, so I can well imagine each time you look you will be thinking there are changes - constant checking becomes obsessive and only feeds the anxiety. Try to be strong, don't check anymore, don't google either. Moles come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes, and there can be different shades within the same mole - all this is perfectly normal. As kittyKat said they look obviously nasty when there is something abnormal. Your doctor will reassure you tomorrow - I am absolutely certain you have nothing to fear.

Nyla
07-08-09, 17:13
hey i went to the doctor and she said one looked like a hair mole and they rarely go 'wrong' she didnt say much about the other 2 must just didnt seemed too bothered she said if i feel bothered about any jus to get someone to check them so im taking it mine are ok at the moment.i guess il just keep an eye on them without keep lookin into it as im goin to send myself mad,some days im worse then others and get myself into a tiz :s

Tink
15-08-09, 15:00
Hello nyla
I am constantly worrying about my moles and checking them all the time. Already had one removed this year which had irregular borders/pigmentation and have been again about another one. The dermatologist said there is nothing wrong with it even though it has changed colour.
The trouble with me is I have had a full mole check in june and felt good about it for few weeks now I am looking at them again and sending myself quite crazy! So I totally understand how you feel. The best thing to do is keep an eye on them.
I have done a diary (which does sound crazy!!! :) ). Basically, done a full mole check of my body and wrote down where I have moles and what size/colour are etc. So I know when check them again I can refer to what they look like as sometimes as u know mind plays tricks and can't remember what were like few months ago. I only write the size/colour down for the ones that really bother me.
Hope this helps and pm anytime if u worry about your moles as understand how u feel as a major feed for my ha at the minute!

Tink xxx

Wee-Mee
16-08-09, 20:13
Hey sweetheart.

Ah mole worries! Definitely had them.

I have a fair few stoting about my body and one which particularly bothered me was one on my left thigh.

It had started to itch and I thought it had looked darker and changed shape.

Freaked out,GOOGLED and every pic that was up seemed to resemble mine!

I had went to the doc and he said that he didn't think it looked alarming but would send me to go get it checked for my own reassurance. He said just because it was "flameshaped" to keep an eye on it and that if something is wrong with a mole,like really wrong,there are usually rather fast significant obvious changes.

So I went to get it checked and they said that it looked alright and to go back in October for a checkup.

I hope you feel better sweety x