PDA

View Full Version : the latest

rois
28-09-05, 23:20
Hi guys just thought I'd fill you in. I went to my doc's today and thankfully got a different one this time (there are 4 in the surgery). I told him how I was feeling and he told me to keep taking the betablockers and he is referring me to a counsellor, he suggested it before i did. I went to uni y'day and stayed in a room with 4 other people (I usually freak out) for 2 hours so I am pleased about that. I have to go in 2moro for 2x2 hour lectures with a 2 hour break in between. Hope it goes ok, please send me positive thoughts, and thank you for your continuing help and understanding, Rois

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

alexis
28-09-05, 23:29
Hi rois, you sound to be doing real well , I am sending you LOOOOOOTSOf positive vibes, good luck, you will be fine, Love Alexis,xx

Alexis

Karen
29-09-05, 05:04
Hi Rois

Good news about the referral for counselling.

Sending you good wishes for the lectures today.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

eeyorelover
29-09-05, 05:46
Hi Rois -
I will be thinking of you and sending some good mojo your way :)
Well done yesterday !!! I know you will have great success tomorrow

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

rois
29-09-05, 09:31
I'm having difficulty even getting dressed today for my lectures, I'm gona be over here for 6 hours. I could meet up with friends but I'm afraid of taking an attack in front of them

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

Elaine1
29-09-05, 10:07
Hi Rois

Well done for yesterday! :D

Good news about referral!!

and fingers crossed for today - You can do it - you did it yesterday. Just pull some clothes on, something to eat and goooooooooooooo!

Let us know how it went later - thinking of you!

Good luck

Elaine

Piglet
29-09-05, 11:01
Rois - keep plodding on mate, it will get easier, you're doing very well.
:):):):):):):):):):)

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
29-09-05, 11:16
You're going great Rois!! Good luck today!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Meg
29-09-05, 13:42
Hope you have a good day today Rois

rois
29-09-05, 15:14
well I made it thru my first lecture with great difficulty and I didn't go to the second one. There is going to be alot of presentations and speaking out this year so hopefully I will get better at coping. Thanx for all your kind thoughts

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

Piglet
29-09-05, 16:22
Well done for sticking out the first lecture Rois.

You can't ask more than to keep trying hun.

:) Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

desperate
29-09-05, 17:00
Hi rois,

I just graduated, I started my panic attacks in lectures so i know all about it.

Keep up with the beta blockers they eventually stopped my panic attacks in lectures and i was able to go just fine!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

rois
29-09-05, 18:49
Thanx guys, it's a slow process as you all know but I hope to start feeling a bit better. I haven't been crying as much so that's a good sign.

seh1980
29-09-05, 20:48
You went to one and that's great!! You'll slowly get used to it and get into the routine..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Karen
29-09-05, 20:59
Well done for staying for the first lecture. Keep up the resolve to continue going and it will start getting easier. You are doing fine.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mirry
30-09-05, 08:44
Hi Rois,
Glad to hear you are still fighting your panics and you have managed to stay in class. You can do it as you have proven time again. I know what you mean about the crying but it could be the frustration you feel.

mirryx

Meg
30-09-05, 13:13
Well done Rois

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

rois
30-09-05, 15:59
Thanx again I think it is frustration at the fact that sometimes I can't move on, I'm going to work tonight so I'm trying to stay positive after having an attack last Friday, it's the whole panicking about panic thing again. Thankful for your positive vibes and thoughts, rois