PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline (Zoloft)

fluffyfred
28-09-05, 23:48
I was put on prozac a few months ago as my doctor diagnosed depression. It didn't work though so a few weeks ago she put me on 50mg of sertraline.

It was an absolute godsend, although I wasn't bright and bubble like I used to be, I also wasn't crying one minute and weeing myself laughing the next. I was in between and I was happy with that.

Then she upped my dose to 100mg.

Since then, I've been tired, had palpitations and really bad butterflies in my stomach. Along with it, I feel like I'm struggling to breath and I hyperventilate sometimes.

I can even 'make love' with my hubby without me feeling like I can breathe.

Today at work, my heart started thumping really fast and hard (or at least that's how it felt to me). I started to sweat, got butterflies in my stomach and was having to try and control my breathing.

Has anyone had anything like this on Sertraline. I've got an appointment with my Doctor on Friday and I'm going to break my tablets in half and just take half a day which equals the 50mg I was one before.

I just need to know if other people have had side effects like these or whether I've got symptoms of panic attacks.

The greatest thing about these tablets is I've not had suicidal thoughts since I've been on them, although I did cut myself when I was having a dream that I'd killed my Dad and was cutting him up. :D

mum2four
29-09-05, 00:10
Why did the Dr increase your dose if you felt like were doing ok.

I was on 50mg of zoloft for depression for almost a year and thay were strong enought for me if you felt better on the 50mg then taking 50mg is proberly all your body need's. Talking to Dr is a good idea for sure. The feeling are proberly related to you zoloft and not anixety if the problem only started after increasing your dose.

Every one is different finding the right dose for you in important.

fluffyfred
29-09-05, 00:24
When I asked her why she was increasing my dose, she stated the 50mg was only to start me off and see how I reacted to it.

I was on the highest dose they could give me for prozac (can't remember what it was though), and it didn't do anything for me although all of my family and friends who have had depression have thought that prozac was fantastic.

I'll certainly stay on the 50 mg and tell my doctor of my intention, if I feel it's not working as well as it should then I'll let her know so that i can up it a bit more.

Thanks for the reply, it's made me feel a lot better.

My doctor just says I'm severely depressed although everyone around me thinks I'm manic depressive. Personally I just think that I'm stressed and need time out but I can't always have it my way.

Nottingham Panthers...Woo-Hoo. Dion Darling is gorgeous!!

mum2four
29-09-05, 00:36
I have been threw extreamly bad depression with self harm behaviour(biggest one being cutting my self) ect. I got threw it thank goodness I know what your going threw to a point as it is different for every one.

I turned my back on the world but I'm now at point in my life where I want to rejoin or more to the point join the world for the first real time. I stillsuffer anxiety but I made huge progress with thye way I see the world.

You'll get there I hope you feel better soon.

fluffyfred
30-09-05, 15:42
I went to the doctors today and she's taken me off the sertraline.

She put me on Citalopram, which is what I had the first time and they made me feel suicidal. She knows about it but is closely monitoring me again.

She's also diagnosed anxiety (it's one flipping thing after the other!). I'm now on beta blockers as well as my anti depressants.

I'm feeling a bit cheesed off now as I just want to start feeling better and I'm so close to getting my contract at work. I really love my job but it's difficult to be there when I'm tired and can't breathe.

Nottingham Panthers...Woo-Hoo. Dion Darling is gorgeous!!

mum2four
01-10-05, 00:36
I might take fue go's to get the right med's for you but I'm sure you'll get there.

I hope you feel better soon.