PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy like affect when standing up

marcc64
04-08-09, 01:59
Well sometimes when i stand up from sitting to long, i get really dizzy (my eyes go really blurry) this only lasts for a few seconds and then i am fine but its really starting to worry me :( i have had this for some time now and it only happens when i have been sitting for a while then stand up (don't always happen) does anyone know what this could be? i have heard it might be low blood pressure but i just don't know :(

tashbarnes87
04-08-09, 07:39
heya when i get up suddenly sometimes it all goes black & i cant see much had it since i was little and i think its due to a change in blood pressure. I think thats whats happening to you. If you get up slowly do you get it? xx

MandySlade
04-08-09, 07:47
It -is- usually related to blood pressure, but even when it is, it's still rarely serious. I'm pretty sure almost everyone gets this occasionally. I mean, that's what being "light headed" is.

How often does it happen? If it's very seldom (say less than once or twice a month) I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens often (multiple times a week) I still wouldn't WORRY, but you should probably see your doctor for a physical.

Like I said, even if it IS your blood pressure/blood sugar/etc, it's still most likely not serious. I know a few people who get that all the time and who've been checked out by doctors. It's probably a minor fluke.

I personally get it like once every month or so. Esp if I've been on a long car ride.. say a couple hours or more.

pd
04-08-09, 13:31
I think it's pretty normal to get this if you stand up quickly after being sat down for a long time, something to do with your blood having to move against gravity as well as you moving upwards if that makes any sense?

nomorepanic
04-08-09, 13:45
Sounds like low blood pressure to me too.

marcc64
14-08-09, 15:53
The funny thing is when i went to the A&E when my anxiety was sky high, the doc said my BP was a little high, then the next week i went to my doc and she took my BP and said it was normal :unsure: so i don't no :(

lonely
14-08-09, 17:38
maybe you were more anxious then you realised when at hospital i know i always tend to be

i get the dizzy blurry spells when i get up often too which soon passes

Kraggy
15-08-09, 05:36
I get these aswell, and most often in two scenario's.

1. Stepping out of the bath, they seem to be worst & most frequent here..maybe warmth has something to do with it?

2. When im shelf stocking and I need to kneel down for the lower shelfs, I often get dizzy when standing up

jill
18-08-09, 23:38
Hi Marc :D:hugs:

Are blood pressure can go up and down all the time depending on what we are doing, I know a lot of none anxiety sufferers who have felt dizzy when rising from a sitting position, it IS to do with low blood pressure.

I myself have low blood pressure, have had it all my life, for me its part of my life, its who I am, its something I have had to learn to live with, I do know my triggers for this and do things so not to aggravate it, like getting up slow, NOT have very hot baths because this can lower my blood pressure even more, so much so I find it very hard even getting out of the bath and when I do, I have to lay down, lack of sleep and not enough food this is also a trigger. Must admit, I do see the funny side of things when I have a wobble,(which are very few and far between these days) laying on the floor in the middle of the museum because I know, if I don't do this my mind will do it for me, so I lay down to allow the blood back to my head, ohhh works wonders and has EVERYONE thinking :wacko: what the hell is she doing LOL :roflmao:

Knowing and understanding how to deal with this mostly helping myself because as far as I know, there is nothing they can do for low blood pressure, well that's what I have been told, but I am ok with this and it never gets in the way of my life.

Hunny, I know its dame hard for you but this is nothing to worry about, you will find that most people have this dizzy feeling when rising on one or more times in there lives even none anxiety sufferes.

YOU TAKE CARE :hugs:

LOVE JILL XXXX

marcc64
19-08-09, 00:26
LOL how odd :winks:

Yeah does sound like low BP now, i asked my sister and she is anemic and sometimes has the same thing.

Thanks for the reply Jill :hugs: