PDA

View Full Version : Took one SJW - Anxiety Worse and couldn't sleep

tygwyn
29-09-05, 09:23
Well I'm really disheartened today. I took one tab of SJW yesterday as I was getting really down in the mornings but by the afternoon I was doing great. I was also sleeping pretty well although waking early. Well last night I had a horrendous night. I only got about 1 hours sleep and was slipping in and out of sleep for the rest of the time and having vivid anxiety dreams all the time.

Has this happened to anybody else? I think I've come to the conclusion that I am going to have to deal with this off my own steam! I had the same effect with Citalopram so don't want to try prescription drugs. God I'm sooo fed up of this!

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

seh1980
29-09-05, 11:11
I don't mean to sound horrible but are you sure it's the SJW that's doing this to you? Because of the bad experiences that you've had with prescription meds, it could be that you now associate taking things with these problems and therefore you DO have problems. I took SJW for a short time and didn't have the sleep problems but it could be different for you. Don't give up on it yet. Give it a few more days and see how you go..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

vernon
29-09-05, 11:14
LOL i answered on the last post to this

Hi tygwen, what u had last night was normal even when u r getting better. I am much better but do have these setbacks and its best try not to let them play on your mind that only makes you worst. I dont think it was the SJW but it was you thinking to hard about taking them? you are so scared of taking meds that you are just adding to the anxiety? You seemed to be getting better without the meds so if you are to scared about taking them you can safly stop has you have only had one dose? hope you feel better soom, Vernon.

You said in earlier post you have posponed aussie until you feel better: this only adds to anxiety panic to best try never put things off till later, beleive me putting things off only makes it much worst later.

lainey
29-09-05, 12:36
Hi Tygwyn

How are you feeling now?
I'm sure it's the anxiety and not SJW that made you feel like this as Sarah and Vern have said.
SJW does not kick in for a few weeks so try and persevere for a few more days and see how you go. Remember what I said yesterday and try not to think of it as medication but as a Vitamin ( it's actually classed as a food supplement for some reason).
I'm off to work now, I;ll try and catch you later when I come home.

Take care chuck

Elaine x

desperate
29-09-05, 15:50
Hi Tygwyn,

I've had bad experiences on anti-depressant and now like you am a bit wary of them. Can i ask waht dose of SJW you took?

I have just taken a few days worth of 340mg and although sometimes i've panicked myself a bit about them i don't feel half as bad as when i tried SSRIs.

I would also suggest that it is a bit in your mind, after you've taken it do u think about it loads or just move on to the next thing?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

tygwyn
29-09-05, 17:05
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Tygwyn,

I've had bad experiences on anti-depressant and now like you am a bit wary of them. Can i ask waht dose of SJW you took?

I have just taken a few days worth of 340mg and although sometimes i've panicked myself a bit about them i don't feel half as bad as when i tried SSRIs.

I would also suggest that it is a bit in your mind, after you've taken it do u think about it loads or just move on to the next thing?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

<div align="right">Originally posted by desperate - 29 September 2005 : 15:50:33</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I took 333mg (just one). My anxiety is quite high today (not as bad as at the start but worse than it has been for a while) but at the end of the day all of it is linked to your thoughts anyway isn't it. I was unsure about taking it because I had read about this side effect which was very probably playing on my mind and has contributed to the anxiety. I've decided not to take it now and have today been and bought some Valerian from Holland & Barratt which is basically just works to take the edge off the anxiety (I think!).

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

desperate
29-09-05, 19:05
Hi tygwyn,

Ahh i haven't read the side effects of SJW and also have the mentality that they are more natural and so better. Which maybe wrong but works for me!

I am upping my doasge to 900mg after this month which is the recommended dose.

Hope the valerian help you.

in1peace
29-09-05, 21:54
Hi tygwyn!
I've had the vivid anxiety dreams, and waking into a full-blown panic. It happened for about 2 months and got to the point where I had only an hour of sleep at best at night. I thought I would have to be hospitalized for lack of sleep.
I think Zoloft has been the most helpful med for me, because it took away the depression and therefore I could look more positively at the stuff I was having the anxiety/panic about.
I've been reading about this, if you try to practice relaxation exercises at least 30 mins every day (when you aren't in a panic), it will start to help your mind heal itself. But you have to do it faithfully. You have to make it a lifestyle change, part of your life. This is something that I definitely need to start doing myself, since I am reducing one of my meds. Maybe we can keep each other posted on how it is going and what seems to work/what doesn't? You can PM me anytime.
Thinking of you and hoping something eases this for you!
Andrea