PDA

View Full Version : How to get oneself to stop feeling lymph nodes and temperature?

drronnie
04-08-09, 07:33
After having one week of peace I am back to my HA. Just cannot stop trying to feel lymph nodes and measuring fever. My temp is at 36.8 and I cannot find anything however cannot stop to panic. The tongue turning white this morning did not help either.

Am back on clonazepam which I take at night so at least I can get sleep. This sucks big time :(

MandySlade
04-08-09, 07:41
My best guess is that the constant checking is a form of OCD (which plenty of people with health anxiety also have.. self included). You may want to try some books on CBT, or even seeking out a therapist who does CBT. It gives you the tools to reduce or even stop your rituals (that's what the checking is, a form of ritual you do to seek reassurance). It takes a lot of work though. We don't get this way over night and we don't recover over night either. You basically have to re-learn how to respond to your negative feelings/anxiety.

drronnie
04-08-09, 10:16
Thanks Mandy! The problem is that I try to stop my hands from feeling my throat and just cant. When I then feel a bump at the throat, I freak out, only later realizing it is not a lymph node. But does not comfort me for a long time. I guess I will have to start using the clonazepam like the doctor prescribed. 2 mg a day.