PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get like this?

cassy1989
04-08-09, 11:32
Lately I have been losing my temper so easily and just generally feeling unhappy.
I tried to ignore it until my partner picked up on it and said I have been losing my temper very easily with him and my son who is 3.
I feel really really guilty. I shout at my son sometimes when he hasn't even really done anything :weep:

Sometimes I go days with feeling fine and I don't shout or get angry or anything but then other days I just feel like there is this rage inside me trying to get out and I feel like I can't be bothered with anyone.

After what my boy friend said last night I have thought and realised I haven't felt happy for ages. My son is 3 and I still don't feel like we have ever bonded properly, but it can't be post natal depression still at his age can it?
Most days I just feel like I'm really not coping and I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and sleep.
I must be such a crap mum, the amount I have shouted my son must hate me.

I was thinking of going to the doctors tomorrow. Does this sound like it could be linked to anxiety or not?

Thank you in advance for any advice x

amandaj
04-08-09, 12:56
im very short tempered aswell i think cos anxiety makes us feel so poo we take it out on the nearest person it def does sound like anxiety and your def not a bad mum just not feeling yourself atm
take care
amandxx

Mich1111
04-08-09, 13:34
anxiety certainly makes me short tempered.
My family have even said, in hindsight looking back before this bout of anxiety/panic hit me I was becoming increasingly irritable and wound up really easy. I think it was a warning sign - had I been aware - I might not have got as bad as i did. Might be an idea to discuss it with your GP.

LisaLisa
04-08-09, 13:41
Cassy

Sounds like you having a rubbish time and whats more you are ticking yourself off for it too!!! Stop it now!!
Sounds like you are a great mum and its normal to be irritated and and angry often when you have a three year old gosh!!!

As far as my psychologist has advised me anxiety can cause you to be angry in loads of ways and he says that for me it is becuase I am overreacting to things that annoy me because I am not dealing with them before they build up so much.

Also having chronic anxiety can cause us to feel quite depressed somtimes and I think that is where the lack of energy and low self esteem about being a good mummy might be coming from.

Maybe you are being overcrtical of yourself and judging yourself far too harshly with standardfs that arent fair.

Be nice to Cassy!!

Hope your okay luv

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs:

cassy1989
04-08-09, 14:06
Thank you for replying everyone. LisaLisa, thank you for being so nice too :)
Maybe I am being too critical of myself but I really do feel I am losing my temper way too easily :weep:
I am going to make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow aswell to discuss it all x