PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety! I hate it

Jules71
04-08-09, 16:27
Hi

My name is Jules, I have always been a nervous/anxious person and been on many different tablets before, beta blockers, citalopram, fluoxetine. Been given fluoxetine again after a year break and 8 days in..feel horrendous. Heart pounding, sweating you know the usual and doctor given me valium to help me through the next few days.

Please tell me i'm not alone, this is horrible and never felt so bad last time?

Thanks

Mich1111
04-08-09, 16:55
I think it is quite common to have side effects. When I started taking fluoxetine about a month and a half ago my anxiety went through the roof for the first 2-3 weeks, I couldnt leave the house - it did settle down though. I cant comment on my heart racing as i'm on beta blockers as well.
I've just had my dose increased and am feeling increased anxiety again although not as bad.
You will get through it.

starlady
04-08-09, 19:13
Hi Jules, You are deffo not alone. I have not been too good lately although i try to hide it. I have been in bed 2 days and have no motivation, i have come to my sis house to help sort myself out a bit. Hope you feel better soon. Ang. x

Catya
04-08-09, 19:38
Hi.
I too am on day 8 of Prozac and, yes, I have palpitations, slight panic attacks and numbness.
I hope they kick in before too long.
Hug to you.

lorrainedrops
05-08-09, 19:19
I've been on fluoxetine and valium but came of both as they made me sooo sleepy, not good when you have to work. now on a beta blocker, propranolol which does help. i came of it recently thning i would be ok but ... nope have to go back on again.

Jules71
09-08-09, 10:28
Thank you all for replying.

The day I left my post was my worst day, I then had 2 free days of not feeling really anxious and didn't need any valium, then out of the blue late one night, bam...horrendous heart racing, sweats, dizzy, again luckily I have had a good day since then and even forcing myself to mow the lawn today!

Hugs to everyone going through the same thing x

Rachel424
09-08-09, 13:31
Hi there, you are not alone. I was initially put on Prozac for anxiety and I couldn't stand the side-effects - I was climbing the walls. My doctor changed me to Citalopram which I found it much more calming. I might be wrong, but I think Prozac is better for depression than anxiety. You might want to talk to your doctor about changing your medication to Citalopram or Escitalopram. These are the SSRIs that have the highest success rates with anxiety sufferers. Take care, Rachel