PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

darkwave
29-09-05, 19:28
Hi,

I've been browsing the site for about a week now and finally I've decided to introduce myself.

I live in the UK, I'm 24 and I've been suffering from some strange symptoms for the last few months. Probably about 3 - 4 months now...

It all started when a few times my heart rate accelerated and I got so scared I was having a heart attack. I didn't know what it was so I went to my doctor who told me I'd been having panic attacks. This happened a few times after so I went back and this time had some tests on my heart and blood which all came back fine. A clean bill of health as far as my heart was concerned.
This didn't explain my other symptoms however, that happen when I'm not panicking:
feeling faint, heavy headed, pins and needles, numbness, staring through things, headaches, other aches over my body, nausea, chest pains

That kind of covers them, so many I forget sometimes. It's been kind of hard to deal with but has been marginally better since I went to the doctor. He gave me leaflet on panic attacks and panic disorders, but I still feel as though I have something fatally wrong with me.

The latest thing is I've convinced myself I have a brain tumour because I have one pupil larger than the other, added to the above symptoms. My girlfriend questions my big pupil thing. And deep down I know it's ridiculous... or do I?

Anyway, I'm trying to deal with it as best I can at the moment. I don't want to go back to the doctor's and I'm hoping I can overcome this somehow myself.

It's hard to figure out why it's suddenly happened though. There must be some reason for starting to think and feel this way? I can't narrow down any particular reason as to why I have become this way. I got the job I've always wanted and moved in with my girlfriend, I feel like I should be happy but all of a sudden I can't enjoy life like I used to.

I think I've gone on for long enough now! ;)

Thanks for listening...

Darkwave.

meatybuddy
29-09-05, 20:13
hi darkwave

thats simular to what happened to me over 2years ago.
i woke up ok the morning and about 30mins later when i was having a wash and a shave my left arm went numb and had chest pains and loads of other sypmtoms to go with it but to many to mention but i did got to a&e cause i to thought i was having a heart attack they did bloods ecg's and an exercise tollerance test all of which were negative my heart was fine and they said it was all down to panic attacks and anxiety well that was the first i had ueard of it but i still suffer from them now i have bad days along with the good days but i will admit i have more bad than good
you are not alone but these forums are a great help

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

jill
29-09-05, 20:30
Hi darkwave

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who
will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something
learn as much about it as you can
Knowledge conquers fear

seh1980
29-09-05, 20:39
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

trac67
29-09-05, 20:44
Hi Darkwave,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some good friends here.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

sal
29-09-05, 22:18
Hi Darkwave

Pleased you have introduced yourself and hope we can help you and get to know you and you know us.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Meg
29-09-05, 22:18
Hi darkwave

What you're experiencing is common, even the pupils concern

Big pupils (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4970)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
29-09-05, 22:23
Hi Darkwave

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Dan
29-09-05, 22:26
hi darkwave
am new to this site too
i also am having regular brain tumors and heamorages i also checked my pupils ( not so much now ) and at my worst would try to count my pulse it seems we are not alone i have found v helpful tips on here and had two reasonably good days
hope we all improve together
dan

positive mental attitude ( is my new mantra)

darkwave
30-09-05, 07:33
Thanks guys. It really does help just to be reassured sometimes.
I think this place is going to help me a lot. :)

pinkscrumpy
30-09-05, 11:09
Hi Darkwave

a warm welcome to you

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

tracyp584
30-09-05, 12:41
Hey Darkwave,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

sueiamnew
30-09-05, 18:29
Welcome to the site Darkwave.

chucklehound
30-09-05, 18:52
Hi Darkwave and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of advice and support and meet new friends too..
Take care
Chucklehound
xxx