PDA

View Full Version : wished i had not asked

trish1955
05-08-09, 07:48
iwrote a post on anxiety about 2 weeks agosaying how i am full of anxiety theminute i wake up i lay there for a second or to and before you no it bang i am well anxiose well got three replys i avered thenm this morninf and 2 say go to docs to see whats causing it makeing me think there is a seriouse medical reason
i ave sufferd anxiety panic attack since i was 12 i am now 52 and collected a few phobias along the way lol any way does any one else feel there anxiety on waking or is it somthing else i ave got abit of a mixed up post lol thanks guys trishxx

kittykat
05-08-09, 08:01
All i can say is im exactly the same , mornings are awful for me . I wake up and the panic and dread just hit me,and i check to see what symptoms are there and that's the worry set in for another day. i dont know what causes this , but i do get slightly better at the end of the day not much mind you...lol. So your not alone in this , i'm starting citalopram to see if it will help me take the edge of for a while as its exhausting feeling like this.
Have you tried any meds or CBT to see if it helps at the moment or has something happened recently tht is making you feel worse than normal. Sorry im not much use but we're all here when you need to chat. I also meant to say i sometimes go into the chat room in the morning when im really bad as that helps a lot, you could maybe give that a try? Everyones really friendly.......take care xx

trish1955
05-08-09, 08:09
thanks for yr reply and it as heped knowing i am not the only one i ave a fear of meds to always waiting for side effects lol
i ave only had one good thearapist in all thses years i was seeing her for a year she was good she was just getting me to think diffrent and she had to leave her job and i was left with nothing that was 2005 now i am bk to square one ots so hard getting the help i need i am pretty agraphobic i only go short distances from my home and that as to be with some one i feel safe with she once told me you set yr self up to think about the anxiety or how you going to feel by saying it to yr self last thing at night or serching for it as soon as you wake she probly right but its another habbit hard to kick thanks again trish xx

Oceanblue
05-08-09, 08:18
Hi,

Hopefully this could put your mind at rest;

I've recently just come out of hospital/Psychiatric Ward for Bipolar/Anxiety/Panic.

When I was waking, this is usually 3-4 am (despite taking sleeping pills, I still seem to wake at this time),... my whole body was shaking, trembling, teeth chattering and I just couldn't understand why that was :shrug:. I also had this whilst in my last admission before this time.
I asked afew nurses and they told me it was just the Anxiety. Everytime I woke, I shook :shrug: . It would then subside slightly over some time, but usually disappeared altogether when falling back to sleep.

Hope this helps alittle and gives you some peace of mind. x

miss_moose
05-08-09, 09:57
I suffer from this too, it's like I'm waking up already in a full blown panic before i've had time to think. I've been really upset about it recently too so you aren't alone with this.

Sleep with a drink next to your bed, so you can have a drink when you wake up, it helps alleviate those sickly feelings you get with panic.
Also have some rescue remedy next to you so you can have some when you wake up, i've been doing that recently.

I also have some puzzle books and magazines in a drawer next to my bed because i do them when i'm panicky.

I call it my comfort room, i set everything up that i might need if i had a panic attack, it really helps to do that because you know your safe.

mabelina
05-08-09, 23:14
When I was waking, this is usually 3-4 am (despite taking sleeping pills, I still seem to wake at this time),... my whole body was shaking, trembling, teeth chattering and I just couldn't understand why that was :shrug:. I also had this whilst in my last admission before this time.
I asked afew nurses and they told me it was just the Anxiety. Everytime I woke, I shook :shrug: . It would then subside slightly over some time, but usually disappeared altogether when falling back to sleep.

Katie, ive been experiencing this off and on for some time. As soon as i wake (many times during the night) im always shaking inside. I dont know whether it would be noticeable if anyone was to watch me but its such a horrible feeling and no way of stopping it. Its nice to know its just anxiety. My god, how many symptoms does this dreaded anxiety actually bring with it? :mad:

trish1955
06-08-09, 09:12
thanks to all yr replys and it does help knowing i am normal in the anxiety panic world we live in lol and rescue remdy yep me to dont go any were with out not that i go far lol but even if family pick me up to go visit my mum i ave to ave it on stand by it goes at side of bed at night to
wish it was cheaper though as being on benafit and still 2 kids at home i struggle to buy it some times should be on perscription lol thanks again take care trishx

pammy1944
06-08-09, 09:25
This might sound stupid but it works for me...........when you feel a panic when you waken up then straight away read a poem that you know by heart ( or anything you know well) I'm not particulaly religious but i use the Lord prayer and it works for me !! good luck xxxx

louiseR2031
06-08-09, 18:31
I wake up a lot and start worrying about unnecessary things that don't need to be worried bout, my heart starts beating really ast and then I panic even more, it's horrible.

I have had panic attacks when I was around 10 and had them agin when I was roughly 13, I'm not much older now and I haven't had them since, but I do still worry about a lot of things still, I know how you feel.

Hope I helped:)

Louise.