PDA

View Full Version : IBS bowel cancer worries

JulesD
05-08-09, 08:29
Hello

I havent posted much as I had been getting so much better, about a month ago i started to taper down on my citalopram, it was then that I noticed my bowel movements change. I have suffered with IBS for years, but in the last few weeks, i have started to get cramps and diaorrhea, lots of wind and rumblings in the stomach and heartburn. I went back on my normal dosage of citalopram as i started to feel very very low, and anxious. and now the HA has started with Bowel cancer. in the last week, i have had diaorrhea every single day, usually after dinner or first thing in the morning, its accompanied with terrible cramps. I am getting so worried. I had an argument with my husband last week and was on my period and i always get very anxious round my period, and the argument with my husband caused me great anxiety and my stomach hasnt been the same since. it wasnt even a bad argument just a normal couples tiff but I completely went to pieces over it.

I know that all this points to stress and IBS but I cant convince myself thats all it is.

rainbow
05-08-09, 15:06
Hi i have ibs too and it is definately aggravated with stress. I also worry terribly about bowel cancer, it terrifies me! I've been to the doctor a good few times convinced that i'm really ill. Do you normally have diaorrhea with your ibs? I know that if i'm particularly stressed out then this happens to me. Also when i started on citalopram it upset my stomach but settled down after a couple of weeks and when i incresad my dose it had the same effect on me. So maybe the fact that you were cutting down on it has upset your bowel a little. Have you seen your gp about the recent problems? I really do understand what you're going through. I hope things improve for you soon.