PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what else 2 try

anx mum
05-08-09, 09:57
Hi got therapy later with my hypnotherapist had about 15 sessions now do feel better but it hasent cured my anxiety and panic. This is expensive costing me £50 per time get so:mad: when it keeps reacurring.

suzy-sue
05-08-09, 12:53
Thats a shame after you have spent so much money .Nothing worked for me except ssris and teaching myself to relax and stay positive .Hope you find something to help you ,it wears you down after a while .Hugs Sue xx:hugs:

maddie
05-08-09, 13:18
Did you discuss the hypnotherapy with your doctor before you started it? 15 sessions does seem rather a lot, especially as you say it's not helping. Have you tried CBT or talking to a psychiatrist? You can ask your doctor for a referral and it would be on the NHS.

chantelle
09-08-09, 00:05
Hi there
I have just bought a hypnotherapy CD & book - "Instant Confidance" by Paul Mc Kenna that someone on this site recommended. It cost £6.99 on Amazon and is very good. Well worth a try.
Good luck
Chantelle

Meg
09-08-09, 13:26
Hypnotherapy can be extremely effective for breaking habits and starting new behaviours and as a destress / general relaxation/mediatation but if your anxiety stems from unresolved issues or self perpetuating thoughts CBT would be the preferred gold standard treatment initially as laid out by the NICE guidelines.

anx mum
09-08-09, 13:31
thank u meg on waiting list for cbt gonna b few months only thing i havent tried. x

Meg
09-08-09, 13:39
Meanwhile get a book on it and start yourself off.

My bibles were
Claire Weekes for understanding what was happening
What to say when you talk to yourself - Shad Helmstetter for action