PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline - how long should I expect the side effects to last

Saz1972
05-08-09, 21:34
Hi,

I was prescribed Sertraline 100mg on 2nd July after realising Fluoxetine was not touching my anxiety. My dose was increased 2 weeks ago to 150mg as my anxiety had started to come back, and now I'm experiencing tremors, head eyes and hands especially, butterflies in stomach, diahorrea:wacko: and teeth clenching. My anxiety has definately lessened, don't wake up in the morning analysing the way I feel and waiting for that stomach crunching feeling, but was wondering how long I should expect these side effects to last (pls note, the side effects are the lesser evil than the anxiety symptoms and would much rather have these than the anxiety!!!) Any advice gratefully welcomed.

mabelina
05-08-09, 23:05
Ive been on Sertraline since i was 21 and im now 33. I never had any side effects at all. Just pure calm relaxation which was pure heaven:yesyes: I was in such a bad way before being put on antidepressants that i still swear to this day id have died without them. Ive stopped taking them many times with the help of being weaned off and ive had no problems with that either. Ive always called them a miracle drug but obviously they will affect everyone in different ways. Sorry i didnt answer your question :wacko: :roflmao: