PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Cliff
30-09-05, 07:20
Funny, I did a search on "Panic no more"--a book recommended to me & found this place (brilliant title by the way). Did some surfing of the site...great place thus far!

Haven't found the book yet...lol.

A little about me - I'm one of those rare 30+ agoraphobia cases & definately not happy about it. I was flat on my stomach for about 6 months either drugged up on the family doctor's "wonder drug" or dealing with attacks that seemed to come out of nowhere (and not knowing why). A year has past since the first attack & I still have my daily "issue", but at least now I can put a label on it.

I look forward to many discussions with you folks :)

Shay1213
30-09-05, 08:12
Hey Cliff,
Welcome to the site. I've been a member for a few weeks now, and I can say I've seen a lot of improvement in my case since I've joined. The people here are helpful, and very understanding. I've have been fighting off agoraphobia and Horrible attacks. Some days are worse then others, but I still manage to go out and so forth...I try the best I can to beat this Anxiety, and you can too...I wish you the best on finding your book...I'm currently reading "Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies" It's pretty helpful ;) If you need someone to chat with PM me anytime :)
Take care!

~Shannon~

trac67
30-09-05, 08:56
Hi Cliff,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Karen
30-09-05, 09:56
Hi Cliff

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
30-09-05, 11:06
Hi Cliff

Welcome to the site

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

tracyp584
30-09-05, 12:45
Hey Cliff,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Meg
30-09-05, 13:00
Hello Cliff

Welcome - sorry to hear you've been struggling so hard.

We have recommended books on our reading page on the *home pages of the website.

Anything from Claire Weekes is top of the list.

I'm one of those rare 30+ agoraphobia cases* You're not that rare and are not alone on here.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
30-09-05, 13:02
Hi Cliff

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

chucklehound
30-09-05, 13:42
[^]Hi Cliff and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and meet new friends too...
Speak soon
Take Care
Chucklehound
xxxx

Wannabeloved85
30-09-05, 15:12
hi cliff,
welcome! i too suffer agoraphobia.
The book...try amazon! im sure ive seen it on there! or ebay?!
Take care
Beccix x x

Elaine1
30-09-05, 16:01
Hi Cliff

A big welcome.

Glad you found the site - I can remember when I stumbled over it several weeks ago - a weight lifted from me, at last people who understand!

Keep posting.

Elaine xx :D:D

sueiamnew
30-09-05, 18:22
Welcome to the site Cliff.

Barb
30-09-05, 20:56
Hiya Cliff

A big warm welcome to the site, I also suffer from agoraphobia so do lots of people here so you are definately not alone

Barb xxxx

metheoriginal
30-09-05, 21:02
Hi Cliff

Welcome aboard, i am sure you will find so much help on here as i have done in the short time i have been here

xx

Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches

~MeThEoRiGiNaL~

Cliff
01-10-05, 07:43
-blinks

Wow, so many replies so fast.

Thanks, all of you.

Sax
01-10-05, 09:01
A warm welcome to NMP Cliff,:D

I'm sure you'll find valuable support and advice on the site. Look forward to your posts, maybe catch you in the chat room sometime.

Take care

Sax xx[8D]

denise84
01-10-05, 17:12
hi cliff and welcome to the sire, this place is great and im sure you will find it realy useful as i have, the people here are great too.xx.

dmcgovern

lin
02-10-05, 12:29
Hi Cliff

Welcome to the forum....you will get lots of help and support.

linda xx

nomorepanic
03-10-05, 20:57
Hi Cliff

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Incii
03-10-05, 21:03
hiya cliff
welcome to the site, am still laffin at the "haven't found the book yet"
lol
hope you find lot's of help here i know i have, nice to talk to people who care know and understand.
take care
Sharon xxx