PDA

View Full Version : Do You think anxiety and worry can trigger asthma?

Meewah
06-08-09, 00:48
I am just wondering if anyone who has suffered asthma in the distant past knows if a big life change can bring on asthma?

Is there such a thing as stress induced asthma.

I need to know as my Sons asthma has started again after 5 years clear.

Thanks Mee

doorbell
06-08-09, 00:52
Hi

I don't know about asthma but my son has suffered with eczema on and off for years since he was a baby (he's 27 now) and it always flares up when he is anxious or stressed.

Meewah
06-08-09, 00:59
Thanks Doorbell. Sounds similar a immune response.

Mee

Meewah
06-08-09, 22:11
Anyone else know anything about stress related asthma. I dont want to have to google it!!!!

Mee

SueBee
06-08-09, 23:17
I think breathing difficulties in general can be made if you're anxious.

I was recently diagnosed with CPOD. When it first started and I felt even slightly breathlss I'd use my inhaler right away. Now I give myself a chance to calm down and find I'm using my inhaler maybe once a month.

phil06
30-12-09, 00:15
I have seemingly got eczema on my wrist. Does this bring on asthma? I'm now in a panic attack about it..had this worry a few times but I calm down and it passes? :weep:

Corinne
30-12-09, 00:20
I think it's definately related.

My grandson has asthma. Some big jerk was picking on him on the school bus, and he went into an asthma attack. They had to pull the bus over and call an ambulance.

phil06
30-12-09, 00:33
I think it's definately related.

My grandson has asthma. Some big jerk was picking on him on the school bus, and he went into an asthma attack. They had to pull the bus over and call an ambulance.

Wow that sounds bad. So is asthma quite serious?

I'm a bit worried about all this.

Corinne
30-12-09, 00:48
I didn't mean to alarm you.

Asthma can be of varying degrees. Some people have a very light case. Others are more severe. It was unlucky that my grandson did not have his inhaler with him that day. They had to call an ambulance because he was in distress.

Oh, and the bully was dealt with.:)