PDA

View Full Version : My 'journey' of self discovery

Samantha
30-09-05, 13:59
I don't know if anyone remembers me its probably been about 18months so i thought id start off by saying hi and i hope your all ok

So i suppose you could call this my 'journey' of self discovery.....

18 months ago i was finding things really difficult and was feeling very depressed i didn't know where i was going, what i was going to do. I didnt feel like i fitted in with my friends or at school and i was terrified of letting anyone get close so pushed everyone away from me out of fear of getting hurt/rejected, i lost my dog, who was my best friend, and my Nan and these feelings just intensified.

Then i realised that the more i pushed people away the more depressed i felt, and that is when i disappeared off of here. But now i have come back to say thankyou all for your help and advice i dont know how i would'cve coped if i hadn't found this site and the people here to talk to.

I started spending more time with my family and began to feel that i could get close to them again, in the evenings i wouldnt stay in my room id go downstairs and be with them all, if i had homework id do it at the table so that i could be close.At school i saterted to relax around my group, have fun, go out and laugh which is something i hadnt done in a while.

I knew that it was up to me to sought this because i felt like id lost a year or so of my life due to feeling so depressed. I kept thinking of this site and how it had helped me to seek help and actually enter the building and decided that one day i would come back to say hello and tell you what id been up to. I realised that i hadnt actually been looking around and appreciating life and weren't till one day when my brother was giving me a lift that i realised i hadnt looked out of the door qwindows at what was around in such a lomg time. So i looked and i saw that summer was in full swing, cows were grazing in the fileds and the world truly was a happy place after all. I know this may sound irrelevant and obvious but to me it was a revelation something which i had forgotten and which my depression had overcome until it broke through on this day.

I know im not completley out of the woods i 'came out' of my depression border line annorexic-which im still struggling with-and with a whole lot of stuff i had to sought out, but i feel like ive found the path at least. Of course there are days when the darkness and despair swallows me hole but these are few and far between.

I managed to get my head together and did well at my AS's and am now hoping to go uni next year which i know will be very difficult for me as i will be on my own to a certain extent but i have faith that things will get better as long as we believe that they will.

Life is good and it is prescious and no matter what happens we must always remember it, so when you feel depressed look out the window at what is around, even if its raining, smile even if you dont feel like smiling or have nothing to smile about.

Take Care and i will speak to you soon

Sam
[8D]

Positive thinking is the key to success!

Meg
30-09-05, 14:30
Sam,

How lovely to hear from you again and I am so very pleased that you are feeling much much better than last time you were here.

I do remember when your dog died very clearly.

Many congratulations on your AS levels and wish you all the very very best now and always.

Thanks you very much for stopping by and letting us know how you are getting on and what steps you took to help yourself.

Love

Meg

south
30-09-05, 14:53
Hiya
i never gotta to meet you in the past.
But it seems you've come such a long way you've shown there is hope even in the darkest of moments.
I hope to be standing were you r one day and i look forward to that day coming.
Alot of things you said are very true to my life style and hopefull one day i'll b able to take that nxt step.
Thank you for coming bk and showing there is hope
Take care
South

Wannabeloved85
30-09-05, 15:09
hi,
i too never met you in the past, but your story is inspiring.
I know about positive attitude, it does work 100%!
Welcome back and i look forward to chatting to you maybe in chat on on the forums
Take care
Beccix x x

andrew
30-09-05, 16:48
hi sam,

pleased to see you safe and well. its good to read your feeling better and sounding as sensible as ever .. tcx andrew

Karen
30-09-05, 17:52
Hi Sam

Glad you are now feeling so much better and doing so well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mico
30-09-05, 19:26
Welcome back Sam.

It's good to hear what you've been up to

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

metheoriginal
30-09-05, 20:59
Hi Sam

Thanks for sharing your story. I am pleased you are getting on well in life

Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches

~MeThEoRiGiNaL~

seh1980
30-09-05, 21:21
Great news Sam!! Thanks for sharing :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

trac67
01-10-05, 01:14
Brilliant Sam, well done good on you.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

pips
01-10-05, 20:14
That's great news Sam,

Well Done you are doing great! Keep up the POSITIVE thinking hun.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

nomorepanic
03-10-05, 20:24
Sam

Lovely to see you back and thanks for the update.

I am pleased that things are looking up so keep us updated ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"