PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe it's back!!

Nicomi
06-08-09, 10:00
Hi

I have had panic and anxiety for just over three years. It was all going well and in March I finished CBT and came off the venlafaxine (I'd been on Citalopram previously). Ok for a couple of months but as things have become more difficult at work (husband and I run own business and recession is biting hard now) the anxiety is back. I haven't had a panic attack, it is all anxiety. I have anxiety that the anxiety is back and I have anxiety that our business is going to fail and we will lose our home. I have had a few sessions back at CBT and the therapist, who I really like, has basically said that I am under huge pressure and unless that is lifted then she cannot see how I can do any better than I am. The thing is I can't do anything about the work situation, it is just my husband and I and we employ one person part time. We have had our own business for 6 years and had tough times and better times but never made a fortune just a living. If I look for a job I lose all the flexibility with the children etc and that's even if I can find a job. The pressure is intense. I wake up feeling anxious spend the day shaking, having upset stomachs and feeling sick but I get on with my job then I get to the end of the day exhausted only to face it again. We are off on holiday tomorrow and I am dreading coming back already and we haven't even gone yet!
My husband is worried but he keeps saying it will be all right. Perhaps it will. Perhaps the next few months will be difficult but we'll get by. The thing is I don't want this anymore I just feel so trapped I can't see a way forward. I want to run away from my life but I want to take my kids and husband with me not leave them behind.
Sorry for the moan I just need well I don't know what I need really .

xx

trish1955
06-08-09, 10:45
yeah we all need to moan now an then but think about it all yr anxiety at the moment are about real things like the credit crunch its nocking every one side ways i am on benafits do to my panic and agraphobia its always a struggle but right now its so bad trying to get through a week you no when yr an anxiouse person any way things it us twice as bad hope you mange to curb the anxiety so you dont end up bk to stage one i no how that feels it hads to yr anxiety as you feel a failure on top of every thing else take care trish