PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP

Adam
06-08-09, 10:57
Hi,

I hope I have posted this in the right section.

I suffer from Panic Attacks and Anxiety which I have been told has now turned into a Panic Disorder. I was working with a lady who the doctor recommened but I got the feeling she doesn't understand panic disorder as she keeps telling me it will pass with age when every website I read says something completely different. I live in Reading, Berkshire (UK) and I am hoping somebody out there could kindly recommened somebody for me to contact to get help with this.

Thank you in advance

Adam

suzy-sue
06-08-09, 11:07
Hi Adam ,was the woman you mentioned some sort of therapist ? She doesnt sound very good at all .I would suggest you go back to your Dr and tell him what you have just told us here . and ask to see a proper CBT THERAPIST .The Claire weekes book Self help for your nerves is an excellent self help book .It explains why you feel as you do and gives ways to conquer it .Its available from the NMP SHOP . You will also get lots of help and support on here & with all this im sure you will feel better soon Luv Sue x

belle
06-08-09, 11:29
...It will pass with age? Ha! If only that were true.

Hi and welcome :)

teez
06-08-09, 12:35
ewwww did she say what age,,,well whatever i bet im passed it:D

trish1955
06-08-09, 12:45
lol i was going to say wat the age might be i am getting on a bit but maybe that will give me hope lol

nomorepanic
06-08-09, 16:00
It won't pass with age I am afraid.

It has to be tackled head on and it is hard work!

Dep4rted
06-08-09, 16:25
I have some bad experiences with psychologists and a person specialized in enxiety. Went to 2 psychologists and 1 expert.

Very confusing to hear 3 different diagnoses!!

I went to my GP and told my story again and said after 1.5 to 2 years nothing progressed and he send me to a psychiatrist in the hospital (where im going 2moro)

crax
07-08-09, 08:32
it needs to be dealt with directly....as an NLP Practitioner and Life coach,
i have been using my NLP skills very effectively with clients suffering from anxiety and panic.

On clients that dont have great results with the simple NLP techniques, I use Time Line Therapy and have had great success.

Try and find an NLP practitioner in your area and i'm certain they will help you eliminate your anxiety and panic attacks.
If this is not dealt with it gets worse and worse and you eventually end up being wrongfully diagnosed and that leads you taking medication that makes it even worse.

Hope that helps....
Should you not get any joy still, feel free to pm me