PDA

View Full Version : Some developments!

Emira7
06-08-09, 12:51
Hey all

Well a few weeks ago I saw an advert on a local website that Oxford Uni were looking for Health Anxiety sufferers to take part in a new study based on CBT and mindfulness.
So today I went along to my assessment interview. Well it was difficult, going down memory lane, and answering difficult questions, but so good to talk honestly and candidly about Health Anxiety.
I did not realise how many things to do with my past may have triggered Health Anxiety worries.

I have been accepted onto the study :yahoo: and start 8 weeks of CBT in September. The sessions last 2 hours per week.

So I feel quite emotionally drained right now, but feel positive that my be heading somewhere positive with HA

Hugs all :hugs:
Emira
x

tiredOfOcd
06-08-09, 12:55
Best of luck. I hope you are able to post your experiences.

amandaj
06-08-09, 13:36
good luck emira you are sounding positive about it which is a great bonus for it to work
amandaxx

magpie girl
06-08-09, 14:26
thats great news and i hope you start to feel the benifits.you will have to keep us all posted on how its going:) :)

Gee
06-08-09, 16:12
Hey emira, I was going to do the same course!! I forgot to reply tho and now I'm on a 6 week nhs programme - hope that goes good tho! X