PDA

View Full Version : Fear List

trismantis
06-08-09, 12:59
Hi All,
I apologise if this has already been done recently - I couldn't immediately see it.
As a professional anxiety sufferer and someone in the middle of an episode at the moment, I thought it might be interesting to see what people's general fears are.
I myself have so many, I may end up with RSI at the end...

Here are a few of mine:
Fear of loosing control including -
Suddenly shouting in a cinema/meeting/wedding or other public quiet place
Fear of loosing control on a plane
Fear of attacking someone (this normally only comes about with people i truly care for)
Fear of creating an accident when driving
Fear of some sort of demonic possession.
I even recently developed a fear of saying an ex girlfriends name in bed to my current girlfriend....!!! :wacko:

Even in my current state of high awareness, I can see that some of these are fairly out there. But I also can see that I may share some of these with others.

I am also aware that anxiety is the issue - not the fear.
The fear is the thing on the outside that we deal with, the anxiety hides around the back pulling the strings.

Anyway, there you go....

TM

Nicomi
06-08-09, 13:07
Mine are far more mundane!
* Losing my home
* Not being able to support my family
* Losing the plot completely and having my children taken away/being taken away from them
* The anxiety never going

However I am now going to fear saying an exes name in bed :blush:

trismantis
06-08-09, 14:23
Need to add - that these are fears that have come and gone over my 15 years of anxiety - generally not all at the same time....

krog
07-08-09, 16:03
:) professional anxiety sufferer. That made me giggle. I might put it on my CV. Won't get many job offers if I do though :(

On a more serious note for a moment !

The "irrational" thoughts side of anxiety is the part I despise the most. I can put up with the physical symptoms (just about) but when the "silly thoughts" creep in I go to pieces :(

I need to find someway to lessen the effect that they have on me. Any suggestions will be gratefully received :)

Cheers,
krog