PDA

View Full Version : New member

neonpink_smurf
30-09-05, 21:57
I just stumbled across this site today. I haven't had this anxiety for very long and it comes and goes but i have the feeling of worrying and that maybe i'll never feel better.. I have heart palpatations, feelings of nausea and tingling legs and a weird feeling in my foot, i also think that the things i'm seeing aren't the same as everyone else and i need constant reassurance that it is..
I'm not on any medication as i want to try and deal with it, not mask it and also i'm a bit scared of side effects and addiction.. i'd prefer not to rely on anything.. i've started counselling today.. I hope that i will get better and am sure i will, but i'm being impatient and just want it now!!!! I'm just constantly afraid of the future and my catchphrase seems to be "What if..."

tracyp584
30-09-05, 22:02
Hey Neonpink,

A BIG welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Tan The Man
30-09-05, 22:04
Hi Neonpink

The symptoms youve described are those of anxiety...it is good that you've started counseling. Stay positive.

Take care
Tan

Karen
30-09-05, 22:17
Hi Neopink

Welcome to the forum. The symptoms you are describing are all part of anxiety.

Have a read of the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) and Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms) information.

Glad you are getting some help from a counsellor.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

trac67
01-10-05, 00:40
Hi Neonpink.
Welcome to the forum, you will make a lot of good friends here and get some great advice.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

dream
01-10-05, 06:39
hi neonpink
welcome to this site every on here is so helpful you will get lots of good advice take care denisexx

denise

chucklehound
01-10-05, 08:47
Hi Neonpink,
I think most of us (if not all) use the same catch phrase 'What if', I know that I certainly do.
Welcome to NMP where you will find lots of advice and support and make new friends too.
Hope you are feeling better soon
Chucklehound
xxxx

Sax
01-10-05, 08:53
A warm welcome to NMP Neoppink! (nice name!):D

I hope you find the advice and support from this site and maybe catch you in the chat room at some stage.

Take care

Sax xx[8D]

tammyg
01-10-05, 11:09
Hi,

Welcome to the site. Starting counselling is a good step forward, you will get lots of support if you post about it as you go through.

Tam x

Meg
01-10-05, 11:17
Welcome and of course we'll support you along side your counselling if you want us to but one thing to note, impatience doesn't get you anywhere with anxiety, in fact it can make you worse as you keep looking back and missing your expectations and then get more despondant.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mazz
01-10-05, 11:51
welcome iam new to this too ,just nice to chat to poeple suffering too x[^]

denise84
01-10-05, 17:16
hi and welcome to the site, i hope you find this site as helpfull as i have and hopefull we can have a wee chat if you pop in sometime to chat around 8ish. takecare xx.

dmcgovern

lin
02-10-05, 12:18
Hi

Welcome to the forum i have had anxiety for 4yrs now have been anxiety free since march this year (for how long who knows) my symptoms were the same as yours also i try not to go on meds for it, so i deal with it myself. Try to keep relaxed as much as possible and not think about this nasty anxiety.

Keep yourself busy if you can it will go but give it time i'm sure you will be ok you are not on your own with this so think positive.

take care
linda xx

neonpink_smurf
02-10-05, 14:13
Thank you everyone for all your kind words, its so nice to know i'm not alone and everyone seems really nice on this forum. Its also nice to have someone else to talk to rather than thinking i'm burdening the people close to me..
Thanks

nomorepanic
03-10-05, 20:54
Hi neonpink

Welcome aboard. I love the name by the way.

No-one on here is a burden and we will help you all we can.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"