PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten more anxious from your desire to get better?

mapmaker
06-08-09, 20:09
Have you been told by others that your desire to get better is so strong that it may be making you more anxious and adding to your anxiety condition?
My doctor and a couple of my friends have said that my desire to get better and get on with my recovery over anxiety/panic disorder is so strong that its putting stress on myself and adding to my anxiety level. I've done some good things to help deal with my anxiety. Taking walks, talking to friends, getting out of the house, listening to calming music, keeping my mind occuppied, writing out my thoughts in a diary online, meditating, taking vitamins, therapy, eating healthily, when negative thoughts enter my mind I say to myself... *stop*. to quiet my mind.
I want to get better and get back to my normal life. How many of you have felt the same way. That you want to move forward and feel you are making progress towards being your old self before you had anxiety? That you want to put this anxiety behind you and move onto a better and brighter future?

chantelle
07-08-09, 16:33
Touche - look in the mirror often and say "Good morning/afternoon/evening mapmaker (?) it's great to be alive" and "Everyday in every way I am getting better". I feel that these positive affirmations are allowing me to see glimpses of my old self and I am getting back there!!!!!!!!!

Chantelle

NoPoet
07-08-09, 16:39
My desire to get better has helped me to drag myself out of hell and get on with my life. And it has helped me to bring people with me.

den68
07-08-09, 17:17
my desire to get better has made me give myself a good kick in the pants and slowly im feeling more myself but at first i think my desire put me under too much pressure and made things worse, so took it more slowly and as long as the desire remains im sure ill make it
denise