PDA

View Full Version : hi iam new

mazz
01-10-05, 11:31
hi iam marion and i suffer fom panic disorder and have the fist simtoms of agrophobia .iwould like to hear fom anyone else who suffers. iam finding it hard to cope thanks

tracyp584
01-10-05, 11:42
Hey Marion,

Welcome to the site!!

I also have the same problems as you and have found this site to be a lifesaver. You will find lots of advice and support here.

Are you on any medication, or receiving any help?

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

pinkscrumpy
01-10-05, 11:43
Hi Marion

Welcome to the site

Hope you find the support and help you need

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

mazz
01-10-05, 11:47
Thanks for the welcome .ive been given anti epressants but i dont want to take them , iam not depressed| i have diamezpan for the panic attacks but iam taking more and more now ,just if i want to leave the house

Karen
01-10-05, 11:53
Hi Marion

Welcome to the forum. Some antidepressant medication is also prescribed to treat anxiety, although it is personal choice whether you want to go this route or not.

Have you considered seeing a therapist?

Take a look at the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) article.

No Panic (http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm) run a telephone CBT course that has been helpful for others. You might like to read Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308) for some inspiration and encouragement.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

trac67
01-10-05, 11:54
Hi Marion,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some good friends here. Anti depressents are also used to treat anxiety and panic attacks, so maybe you should give them a go.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

tracyp584
01-10-05, 11:54
Hey,

I too am on anti-depressants, and I also didn't think i was depressed, but sometimes its just worrying about the problem(panics, agoraphobia etc)that can make you feel so low.

Perhaps you should consider taking them as i have found they have really helped me in dealing with the problems i have.

I am also have CBT, which is very good. Has your GP ever mentioned it to you?

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

mazz
01-10-05, 11:57
thanks it just i dont want to become dependant on drugs ,ive been there before and it scares me guys .

dream
01-10-05, 11:57
hi marion
welcome to this site you will get lots of help here and lots of good advice
takecare denise xx

denise

mazz
01-10-05, 11:59
does anyone use the chat room .id like to chat with someone

tracyp584
01-10-05, 13:16
The chatroom gets busy from about 8.00pm onwards!

Pop in later and I'll see you there!

tracy x x

tammyg
01-10-05, 13:23
Hi Marion,

welcome to the site. Hopefully see you in chat!

Tam x

sueiamnew
01-10-05, 13:40
Welcome to the site Marion.

chucklehound
01-10-05, 14:11
Hi and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some new friends.
xxx

Barb
01-10-05, 14:17
Welcome marion

You will get lots of help and support here

Barb xxx

mazz
01-10-05, 16:19
thanks everyone x

Meg
01-10-05, 16:48
Welcome Marion,

When you're ready maybe you can give us a bit more information about whats been going on with you these last few years and whats help you have had so far.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
01-10-05, 20:22
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Lucy36
01-10-05, 21:09
hi there, you will get lots of support and advice on this site, have you tried the chatroom yet, its very good at times. well i suffer agoraphobia and panic so if you ever want to get in touch please feel free, my msn is hollyandlady@hotmail.co.uk,

take care lucy

Elaine1
02-10-05, 08:00
Hi Marion

A big welcome to the site.

You will find lots of help and support here.

I suffer with panic attacks ang anxiety.

I have just stopped using diazepam and am now taking Citalopram which, as I understand it, is for panic and anixety as well as depression. I dind't think I was depressed, but although I didn't want to take medication, have gone with the flow and it has made a huge difference to me.

I am laughing again and I mean really laughing!!!!:D:D, but everyone is different and what is right for one, is not the best thing for the next.

I have also started a course of CBT - which again is helping.

If you haven't already visit the therapy and remedies forums - Lots of interesting posts and ideas.

All the best

Elaine XX

mazz
02-10-05, 10:59
thanks again i think iam going to enjoy this site

lin
02-10-05, 12:03
hi Marion

Welcome to the forum i have been suffering from panic attacks/anxiety for 4yrs now and since i have been on this site it's helped me loads i feel reasured when i read posts with the same symptoms as me.

So u are not on your own there are many people on here with the same as you. So don't worry to much you will get lots of help.

take care

linda xx

Panic_er
02-10-05, 21:58
Mazz
Thought having talked in the chat room this evening I should have said welcome to NMP
I hope the chatroom was of help and that you are feeling better.
Just remember it's always darkest before the dawn and just take it one step at a time.
See you in the chatroom
Panic

chucklehound
03-10-05, 08:44
Hi Mazz,
Just to say that I hope you are feeling better after our chat in NMP this morning.
Take great care and I will speak to you soon
Bye for now
Chucklehound
xxxxx:D