PDA

View Full Version : does having a low wage make things worse

bishop
08-07-03, 13:18
my first job i was paid £2 a week what was yours? if you can remember that far back,and does low income cause more stress,or if you are wealthy does that cause you more anxiety.
[:0] bishop

nomorepanic
09-07-03, 14:41
I reckon you can get panic and anxiety whatever your income. I panic'd when I lived alone and struggled to pay the bills and I still panic now with two incomes paying the bills and no money worries!!

Nic

Joanne
10-07-03, 00:12
Yeah- I am inclined to agree with Nic. I think it's deeply embedded in people ( anxiety). outside factors may affect it- but that's all individual to each sufferer.
make sense?? :-/
joanne x

bishop
10-07-03, 17:37
thanks nic and joanne
but could it be a trigger to start it off,i totally agree with what you are saying, but stress and worry could be the start of bigger things ,worring about family ,bill etc could be the start,like unrolling a ball of string.
eva

Laurie28
27-10-03, 14:59
Just read this post ~(looking through them) I think if you are skint and have no money it will be adding to your stress and tip u over the edge

Lucky

bishop
29-10-03, 13:39
hi lucky
we have the next stress coming up in a few weeks christmas shopping, who for, which gift,how much,dont buy for so and so ,are they coming here,we are not going there, which house is santa claus visiting,if your not good you wont get anything,i find christmas very hard going.
bish

Laurie28
31-10-03, 15:46
I love christmas itself but hate all the before stuff.

Money wise I collect vouchers now and pay up every month it definetly helps

nomorepanic
01-11-03, 18:30
I like xmas but it can get out of hand with buying presents. Everyone says "just buy for the kids but then I feel really mean"!

I do most of mine on-line - saves me the stress of the shops!!

Nicola

jonny
03-11-03, 17:14
Online shopping is my idea of heaven.....mmmmm....No crowds!

NOW IF ONLY THAT DAMN PAGE WOULD LOAD QUICKER!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRRR....[}:)]

lol

uryjm
03-11-03, 21:31
If you have money and are feeling streseed you can:
Have a weekend in Rome in a nice hotel
Book into The Priory
Choose not to book into the Priory
Buy all the self help books you want
Get a broadband connection to read forums like these faster
Drink yourself to death, but never be considered an alcoholic
Pay people to listen to how bad your anxiety is and disagree with their analysis

Yeah, it's easier being rich I'd think.

jim

nomorepanic
03-11-03, 21:39
Jim

Sounds ideal to me!!

I treated myself this year to a week at a health farm - it cost me over £550!!! gulp - well worth it though - the high-life for a week!!!

Nicola

jourclark
28-02-14, 12:10
Many people who has low wage also have problem when it comes to their health. People who labor in low wage careers, a number of studies are finding are susceptible to certain health effects. Studies have found numerous reduced wage health effects such as a recent one finding higher rates of high blood pressure in reduced wage workers. The so-called easy jobs everyone takes for granted aren't so easy.

WhyWhyWhy
28-02-14, 12:26
If you have money and are feeling streseed you can:
Have a weekend in Rome in a nice hotel
Book into The Priory
Choose not to book into the Priory
Buy all the self help books you want
Get a broadband connection to read forums like these faster
Drink yourself to death, but never be considered an alcoholic
Pay people to listen to how bad your anxiety is and disagree with their analysis

Yeah, it's easier being rich I'd think.

jim

Absolutely

Magic
28-02-14, 14:15
I have just come across this post, very interesting. We are pensioners.
We have £260.49p per week. Never claimed for anything.
We have some savings and I am now to look on the internet to see if we are able to get pension credit or something.
We are lucky to own our own home, don't know how some folk cope xx
No nothing doing! To keep our car, tax and insurance, house insurance and heating bills Tv license ,house rates, water rates-- savings will be gone
soon-- maybe then we will be able to claimxx

Fishmanpa
28-02-14, 14:52
Having been on both ends of the spectrum, I can tell you other than the obvious, it still comes down to attitude. The bottom line is it's not going to matter when your time comes. Stuff is just "stuff" and you're not taking it with you. If you spend your life worrying, the only thing you'll miss is life itself.

Positive thoughts

Insomniac
05-03-14, 22:58
I've had depression for years, but my anxiety started when I worked in an unsupportive workplace and didn't feel secure in my job. The anxiety got much worse restricting me a lot when my husband had to leave his job and went self employed. I know that money is not the solution to all problems, but worrying about whether we have enough money to pay the rent isn't helpful. :)

Catherine S
05-03-14, 23:05
Good grief, this debate was started in 2003? I'm impressed that you can bring it back to life after 11 years! But what's even more impressive is that not much has changed in that time really, this thread is still as relevant today as it was all those years ago. And Nicola, its lovely to read your posts from this time lol!

Kayleigh100
06-03-14, 19:48
I've a good wage but still get anxiety. However, I don't get anxiety about money - for example, where is the next meal going to come from or how will I pay the rent? But I do get anxiety from work stress when work doesn't go smoothly and I have the ultimate responsibility (being in business) to make sure it does go well. Or well enough that the eight employees are paid at the end of the month. (Oh, and giving up my wage wouldn't help - I'm paid well but not that well!)