PDA

View Full Version : This can't be anxiety please help

tashbarnes87
07-08-09, 09:40
Really am struggling this week. It's been the worst week fir a long time . My thumb is still going nuts today shaking when I move it but I can believe that it's gardening related i woke up this morning and it was locked to the side. my arms feel so weak and they burn even if I do the slighest thing and things feel heavier than they used to. My shoulders are burning too. I feel like I'm stiffening up & I'm terrified I'm not going to be able to move . I'm just so scared it's als! Sorry to sound like a broken record but I'm soscared. This can't be anxiety it's too painful :(

sunndyd
07-08-09, 09:49
hi, you mention gardening was heavy lifting involved as that can be a factor especially if not used to it. Your are going to be able to move just move your muscles slowely and often. Try taking a bath to relax the muscles. Muscles can stiffen from anxiety but i imagin that you over did it gardening you got anxious about it and now your anxiety is adding to the tension in your muscles so you need to break the anxiety circle remind your self anxiety cant hurt you, you just over did and you will be back to normal soon. try to relax hun x u will be back to normal in no time x

tashbarnes87
07-08-09, 09:53
thanks for the response I appriciate it!! The gardening could explain today but my arms startedburning a month ago and it's getting worse :(

nomorepanic
07-08-09, 14:21
Are you still carrying baby around Tash?

LisaLisa
07-08-09, 16:03
Hi sweetie

Just to say im totally sure that you have anxiety and nothing else. I know exactly how you feel though and it is sooo difficult to see that its okay when your so stressed out. Its crazy what happens to your body when your so keyed up, or rather the things that you become aware of your body doing and also how fearfull and scarey these things become all becuase we have a 'feeling; that something is very wrong. Our 'feeling' is wrong , you are okay I promise.

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs:

tashbarnes87
07-08-09, 19:38
Thanks lisa! It's just so scary when it's physical pain. I am having a sports massage on Monday hopefully that will help. Nicola heya! Not as much my parter has been with me the past few days so he has been helping. I just hope the 'weakness' is in my head x