PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, im new to this site!

LNB
07-08-09, 10:03
Hi,

My name is Lorna. I suffer from health anxiety and am currently on anti-depressants for anxiety/panic attacks. I often have a look at the forums on here for advice and reasurance so I finally decided to join.

Lastnight I found a very small hard lump at the back of my head, just a few cm's above my hairline and it is sore to touch. Of course the first thing i did was jump on the internet with my symptoms and have now scared myself silly with all the things it could be, in about 10 minutes iv already diagnosed myself with a brain tumour & aneurysm and am now racking my brain as to what it could be. I havnt had a bump to the head or anything like that. Has anyone ever had this sort of lump before?

Iv got a doctors appointment this afternoon because for the past week or so the right side of my jaw has been really painful after searching the internet (again) it sounds to me like Temporomandibular Joint pain or TMJ which im not too worried about apparently it is just like inflammation of the joint. But now I dont know whether to mention this lump on my head to him im terrified it will turn out to be somthing serious and he will send me to the hospital for x-rays/scans etc, to make things worse I am absolutely terrified of doctors,hospitals,dentists,needles anything like that just brings on a panic attack. Even this morning the thought of telling the dr about this lump made my stomach turn and I couldnt catch my breath.

Not sure what to do, any advice would be a great help, thanks x

gypsywomen
07-08-09, 13:13
hi welcome it sounds e ok at bnt worry to much,the worst thing you can do is google for answers it scares you not good hoplike a swollen gland in your neck we have glands in every part of our body is you weat it can make them swell e you ok at d:shades: octers margaret,hop