PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

Worrybunny
07-08-09, 16:15
Ive had health anxiety and panic for about 5-6years now. Ive had loads of symptoms that come and go, some constant some not. But the one thing Ive noticed seems a regular occurrence is a sense of my body over heating. Im overweight but have lost quite a lot over the years and assumed as I did that it would get better but it hasnt. Walking the dogs in the summer can cause me to feel quite faint from the heat, sweating and dizziness and generally feeling unwell as a result of the heat follow. But its not just exercise that causes it. Hot baths and showers give the exact same response and can take an hour or two to cool down and feel better. I also thought I was highly sensitive to caffeine but the more I think about it, its not coffee its any hot drink that gives me the same feeling. All the symptoms seem to be related to overheating but can anxiety increase over all body temperature or is it something else thats caused this?

Im getting increasingly worried about this as its happened quite a few times this summer. I asked the Doctor but he didnt seem too concerned. Im getting a bit pre-occupied with it at the moment though :weep:

LisaLisa
07-08-09, 16:19
OMG

I have this problem too, exactly the same. Its like i find i am totally sensitive to the heat like i never was before. I feel like I am hot before i start and the slightests anxietypang i get so sweaty and panicky, its horrible.

I wonder what it is?

How long have you had it?

Lisa:hugs:
xxxxx

Worrybunny
07-08-09, 16:23
Not really sure, I think its been going on since my anxiety started hence me thinking its probably related. I used to get home after work and feel really hot and faint as if Id got a fever but that seems to have got better. I only notice it from heat related sources now - hot weather, hot shower/baths, hot drinks, hot women - ok the last one was a joke but you get the idea. Maybe it is just another side affect of being anxious and more sensitive to things.

momof3boys
07-08-09, 16:26
I am the same way, I have noticed it more in the last couple months, but I will be in the laundry room with the dryers going and the sweat will just pour off of me or I will cooking, washing dishes, etc and I go check my temp thinking I have a fever...I just put it along with my anxiety!

LisaLisa
07-08-09, 17:05
That exactly where I am going to put it, anxiety.

We cant all have it and anxiety and there not be a direct link! :)

Suppose we should just ignore it then and deal with the anxiety

Lisaxxxxx

teez
07-08-09, 18:27
it cant stand hot weather,,shops,,ect,,cooking dinner in the weather we,ve had lately,,is one long nightmare,,,i feel so ill,,,but ive learnt to take it easy now,,,i sit by the fan all day and do what i can in the evenings,,,,