PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture

Daniel
01-10-05, 22:43
Three weeks ago I was offered the chance to try some acupuncture to relieve my anxiety. I was very nervous because I only had a basic grasp of what it would involve, meeting compete strangers et cetera and I must admit I was a little skeptical at first. After my first session I felt strangely relaxed and I had the best nights sleep I'd had in years. Every session after that for about a day and a half I'm a different person. Relaxed, virtually anxiety free and able to do things that would normally terrify me.

I was just wondering if any other forum members have had any experience of acupuncture (good or bad)?

Meg
01-10-05, 22:49
Glad to hear you have been helped by this Daniel

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
01-10-05, 23:08
Hi Daniel

I have had some accupuncture and also found it really helped me to feel more relaxed. I too was sceptical at first, but I can actually feel myself relaxing during the session.

I've been having this combined with hypnotherapy and because I have been experiencing insomnia for some time now, my therapist often leaves me to sleep after the session. It is the one time I do actually sleep without difficulty.

Glad you are also finding it beneficial.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

RobyBaggio18
03-10-05, 13:47
I was going to try this to be honest, I'm covered by BHSF for it so I'll give it a go.

daniel/karen,

which type do you have, I've had the one where they put the pins in your ear before now.

Daniel
03-10-05, 17:18
Hi Roby,

Yeah It was the 5 (I think) pins in the ear. I'm off on friday for another session.

Hope it goes well for you.

'After the rain comes the sun'

Karen
03-10-05, 18:26
Hi Roby

I've had both.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sleekx
11-10-05, 20:43
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Glad to hear you have been helped by this Daniel

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 01 October 2005 : 22:49:29</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">