PDA

View Full Version : how im going about curing health anxiety

randomworry
07-08-09, 21:20
Ive finally accepted that everytime I have fears over my health I am convinced it will be the last time and it never is ....ever!!

this has lead me to try and find out why i keep doing this to myself and I feel may put me on the road to complete cure. Obviously i dont know for sure if it will work but with me there is a definate pattern of my health anxieties flaring up and getting worse when I have something 'real' to stress about such as starting an MSc which I will be soon.

Have any of you guys noticed a pattern in your anxiety flaring up too?

tiredOfOcd
07-08-09, 21:37
Absolutely. I'm more at risk for an OCD episode when I'm stressed out.

LisaLisa
10-08-09, 10:47
Yes me too. Its like whenever i get stressed I cant admit it and just worry about health instead. I feel like I use thinking I have hiv as a reason to not confront or deal with things that upset me - its like i dont need to becuase hiv tops everything else:weep:

lISA
XXXX

jannnne
10-08-09, 16:38
Yes mine is linked to stress, can be delayed from serious things like bereavement or over small things like a job change or worry over kids.

jane xx

MandySlade
10-08-09, 17:21
I've noticed mine is worse when I'm more depressed than say.. stressed. For instance, if I'm having relationship troubles it tends to get WAY worse. Or, if I'm just at a standstill and depressed about work, feeling bleak about my future, etc. Mine seems to be directly related to self confidence. When I'm feeling fairly sure and I'm doing things that make me feel progressive, it doesn't bother me as much. I still have the thoughts and everything, they just don't infiltrate my every waking moment.

If I'm "just stressed" without depression/self-doubt.. like say I have a lot of college papers due or something, it doesn't tend to be as bad. Maybe it's because I'm too busy to focus on it.

Oh and, schedule/routine changes tend to cause flare ups in my health anxiety as well.

jue67
10-08-09, 18:19
Yep me to. my daugther is away for the week and today has been the start of an episode of health anxiety for me as its her first full day away. i would never ever let her know that though! i have just had 2 months of freedom from health anxiety though! which was brilliant. apart from at first the suspicion of why i was okay lol.

jools