PDA

View Full Version : Full of fear... need reassurance.

justphoto
07-08-09, 22:46
Well, I've never posted on here yet, or to put it simply I'm new.

For the past two months, I've been living in constant fear of having an illness, that lets just say, no one wants to get. The fear only really set in after I went to the doctors to get some tests done, and was told that certain things might not show up. This threw me into a huge snowball. She asked me if I had been feeling ill at all, and I of course said no. Two days later everything started to kick in.

I began feeling achey, having stomach churning to the point where I couldn't fall asleep, lay down, eat, go to the bathroom. Everything hurt. The thought of eating cereal made me want to stop eating all together. I lost my appitite for a bit, all the while having feelings of sore joints, back, fingers, anckles, bum... you name it, it was sore. This has lasted the entire time. I also developed little white bumps in my mouth (but I think it was from biting the inside of my mouth a lot, which i tend to do when i freak out). I have had loose bm's on and off, which seem to get worse the more I think about my symptoms. I felt like I had nasal drip for a long time, but I'm wondering if that would be due to me crying 5 or -10 times a day for long periods of time?

I have had unquenchable thirst this whole time, which in turn makes me go to the washroom all the time. About three weeks ago, i started to get a sore throat, and then got very congested. I would have freaked out about that, but turns out a lot of people at my work got sick too.

Since then, i have been tested twice for different things, spoken with 4 different doctors, all of which say that its most likely my stress and anxiety, or my mind playing tricks on me. I would love to believe them but I simply can't, or have a very hard time doing so. I just don't feel like the understand how I'm feeling very well.

Right now, the main symptoms for my concern are: dry mouth, white lines runing along my cheeks(which a few other people i know have), aches and pains everywhere, one or two white dots in my mouth from time to time (could be from biting?), loose bm's, upset bouls and churning in stomach, chest tightness, post nasal drip(crying lots?), burning or loss of feeling in arms, hands, feet from time to time(usually when in an awkward position), zero energy/ambition, palpitations sometimes, crying spells quite often.

I'm really afraid I have something that will kill me. Could anxiety and stress be my problem? Sorry this was such a huge post... I'm just really scared.

LakePines
08-08-09, 04:14
All those symptoms sound like anxiety and panic! Anxiety has played those tricks on me too, so you're not alone. None of these doctors wanted to treat your anxiety with medication?

den68
08-08-09, 08:32
i have had most of them symptoms and more at some time or another and i had more tests than you can imagine and they were all clear. It was the anxiety causing them.

justphoto
09-08-09, 03:27
but can anxiety, stress and the like cause symptoms to last this long???

Rachel W
09-08-09, 08:17
These are all common with anxiety, and the symptoms of anxiety will last as long as the anxiety lasts plus more time as it can take the body a while to heal from them...