PDA

View Full Version : Hello

anotherdreamer
08-08-09, 15:37
My name is Sophie. I'm 17, from the UK, and I've had OCD since I was about seven or eight but was only diagnosed when I was 14. I also have anxiety problems, and once used to suffer terribly with panic attacks to the extent that I couldn't leave the house. I was 11, and after a head injury I spent the day in hospital, being tested and being told that there was absolutely no long-term damage. I spent the next few weeks slowly drowning in fears of a sudden headache or migraine, and, as I hurt myself on a youth trip, I had to deal with arguments that surrounded who should take responsibility for my injury, who was present at the time, who failed to prevent it, etc. I remember this vividly - laying down and feeling all these thoughts circle me like vultures ahead, and then.. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see. I couldn't hear. I staggered around my house trying to think of what was happening to me, convinced I was going to die. I couldn't straighten out my hands.. they would clinch together like claws.

I haven't had a panic attack like that for about 4 years, but I still have symptoms daily, and I am now taking medication for OCD, which has been washing my hands constantly. I also tend to get periods where I feel I've without a shadow of a doubt developed some horrible disease :roflmao:and I have a lot of little problems that are related to anxiety, headaches, stomach pains, etc.

=D I'm really glad to have joined. I hope I can meet others who have similar problems, and I hope everyone here improves.

Just for some more info.. I love reading, listening to music and writing. I hope to pursue some career in writing when I'm older. I also have a wish to do some humanitarian work. :) I am TRYING to learn how to play the guitar. :D Thank you for reading. Lots of love, Sophie

chantelle
08-08-09, 16:03
Good luck Sophie and welcome to the site. You will meet others who suffer as you do as well as people who have other problems (I have depression & anxiety) but we all have one thing in common - we understand fully and are supportive to one anther.

Take care, Chantelle

anotherdreamer
08-08-09, 18:00
Thank you. :)