PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the site, but not new to panic attacks

crazycurlz
08-08-09, 20:00
Hello,
I just had my second panic attacks in 5 months, before that it had been 7 years. I know exactly what caused this attack. I have back problems and have been talking RX painkillers for months now. Because the Doctors could not give me a strong enough painkiller, I started taking the painkillers with alcohol. It's awful, I know. But, it felt great at the time and I (just like everyone else, who does stupid stuff like this) thought I could stop anytime I wanted.
Well, needless to say, things came to a head on Tuesday, when my husband found out. This is particularly bad because he is my second husband. His first wife was an alcoholic and pill popper. Now, he is thinking I am the same. I know that I am not. I have learned my lesson, b/c the panic attack is so bad, I would never purposefully put myself through that again.:weep: :frown:
Here's my question. After I have an attack, I am pretty much comatose for 3 days. I sleep, sleep and sleep. I literally slept over 36 hours straight. I don't eat. I just take the anti-anxiety drugs and wait for them to kick in. I lie in bed at night and wish the morning would never come. When it is dark, I can sleep and not be judged. Does anyone else feel this way?
My husband thinks he's being very understanding, but all he does is make things worse by implying that I'm just like his ex (I don't have the space to write all the reasons that I'm not like her. Suffice it to say, that she has not seen or spoken to her own son in over 2 years b/c of her addictions.) I love my husband dearly, but many of the reasons for the panic stem from him - financial trouble that he has caused, his son lives with us full-time and his expectations for me to love his son as one of my own are unrealistic. I'm doing the best I can, considering I have 2 sons of my own and a business to run.
I feel like a colossal failure.
My husband keeps saying I need to go into a facility for help. I don't want to, because I know how to deal these attacks. It sucks for everyone involved, but I don't believe they will do anything different for me in a hospital. Can anyone shed any light on hospitalization for panic attacks?
That's some introduction, huh?:shrug:
-Crazycurlz

Veronica H
08-08-09, 23:54
:welcome: to NMP. You will find comfort and support here. Try to hold out for dealing with this attack in your own way as you have beaten it before and you will again. you have looked at the causes and your partner will have to acknowledge that you are under pressure and need some space and time to work it out.:bighug1: Hang in there.

Veronica