PDA

View Full Version : Neck

Rachel W
09-08-09, 00:39
Hi,

I have other symptoms which I have discussed before such as twitching, feelings of speech issues and weak feeling in fingers of right hand. I went to a neurologist who gave me a clinical exam and an EMG and told me 100% I did not have anything serious and that the symptoms were due to the anxiety (symptoms came on after worrying about ALS due to twitching, which started after visual distortion and worry about MS).

Anyway, due to my worrying nature I could not let the fear go and have pretty much continued with symptoms but they have not progressed much in the 8 months since and my hand got mostly better for a time, although it is now causing me extra worry wright now, feeling weak and uncoordinated.

Anyway, although I am still worrying about this and knowing deep down that it is most likely the anxiety, I have another symptom which is bothering me.

My neck feels tight. I have had tight and painful feelings in my neck before when stressed, but this time it does not come with pain but just feels tight, and it also feels like I have pressure. It almost feels like someone has a couple of strings in my neck and is pulling on them (strings running at the back of my neck on running vertically on either side of my neck bones). My neck also grinds more and it sometimes feel like the bones are compressing against each other.

I started with this after I read about neck weakness after I felt that my neck had reacted too much to car movement (although this came and then got better). After worrying about this I started to get these tight feelings. I am now worried that I have neck weakness which is causing other muscles to tighten....

Does anyone else get neck tightness/pressure?

Thanks so much for the support.

Take Care

Rachel