PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a breakthrough, I think?

ANXIETY26
02-10-05, 15:43
I mentioned in a previous post how Cipramil turned my life around and brought back a feeling that I had forgot existed. Well I came off Cipramil a few years ago and the feeling has never returned. I started Cipramil again but just could'nt get that feeling back. I then tried Effexor to no avail. (I stopped that about 6 months ago). I entered a post this morning saying that I was reluctant to take medication as I was starting to feel DIFFERENT every couple of days. No sure if it was a GOOD different just DIFFERENT. This is no word of a lie but the last hour or so this afternoon I have felt a bit of a Breakthrough I think? A sort of glimpse of that feeling has returned. (The feeling as If you've sort of been somewhere but have returned). The only thing is that I am anxious now because my mind is sort of taking me back to when I had this feeling before. (Which seems such a long time ago). I suppose I should be jumping with Joy but I am extremely anxious!!! Can anyone relate to this please?

Thanks

tygwyn
02-10-05, 18:01
Of course you're anxious! You'v just had your first glimpse of recovery!!!! Thats excellent news. Try to relax and enjoy it. Deep breaths etc etc etc. Have a read through your book again - I haven't read that exact book but in the one I have it actually mentions about this strange feeling when you glimpse recovery. I had it last week and I actually got myself really worked up about it and started analysing everything (don't do that!! LOL).

You know that this is a bumpy road to recovery - you've done it before - so just take it one day at a time - very soon every couple of days will become every day!

I'm really pleased for you!

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

desperate
02-10-05, 20:15
Thanks great!!

I can relate kinda, when i went to hypnotherapy for a while as soon as i relaxed i panicked!! But those windows of light will get longer!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

ANXIETY26
13-10-05, 18:05
when I originally posted this topic It was because I thought that I had a glimpse of recovery. Problem is is that I havent felt like that since. Will these feelings return again? I hope so!

desperate
13-10-05, 18:37
I think they will and each time the gap of time should get longer..!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!