PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried herbal remedies?

Insomniac
02-10-05, 15:58
Hi all. I just wanted some advice....

I've been taking A Vogel's Hypericum Complex for about a year. It has St John's Wort, with Lemon Balm and Hops for depression & anxiety.

Its helps a lot and I can manage my anxiety well (with added rescue remedy when needed). [^]

But I've got to have surgery for trapped nerve in my elbow this month and can't take St John's Wort. Local health food shop recommended Passiflora Complex (Passiflora & Avena sativa combined) for anxiety and restlessness etc.

I've started taking this yesterday, but wondered if anyone out there knows anything about it. Getting a bit nervous already.... help! [xx(]

Lisa.

nomorepanic
04-10-05, 16:09
How is it going?

I have never heard of it sorry.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
04-10-05, 18:00
I haven't heard of it either..sorry [Duh!]

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Wannabeloved85
04-10-05, 19:20
im sorry, i never heard of it!
Trapped nerve huh? just one of those things aint it! my neighbour had one, she was so nervous. she was having surgery bout 6-7pm and i couldnt believe it when she was knocking on our door at like 9-15pm! i was like 'what a quickie' :p lol

Meg
04-10-05, 19:48
Passiflora is very good and calming but doesn't alter the mood like SJW

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Insomniac
06-10-05, 16:56
Thanks Meg. I've been ok on it this week, which is a good sign. I can live without SJW for now, so long as I have SOMETHING to help me. But the Passiflora tincture tastes even worse then the SJW!! (Its worth it though)

My GP is a bit like a chocolate teapot. Sympathetic but not much use! Said he can only give me medication for particularly stressful days, not every day. Though he has given me Diazepam for the day, coz I mustn't take herbal stuff at the time.

My appointment is 7.30am so at least I won't worry about it all day. :) And I received my wrist band today! So that's something else to smile about. Daryl thinks the motto is excellent. :D

Lisa.